Products > Other Equipment & Products

BWD 824 35MHz 'scope - opinions?

(1/2) > >>

Greg323i:
I'm relatively new here and I just bought the above scope for $50. It seems to be in pretty good condition, but may need a bit of calibrating. I'm just a hobbyist into musical electronics, mostly. I'm interested to know if anyone has any experience with this scope and would share what they know.

Thanks

[edit]

I forgot to mention, I also bought two probes (Uni-T 60MHz 1x:10x) from a seller on ebay and they look to be pretty good quality and I couldn't beat the price.

[/edit]

T4P:
What can i say ? It's all good , for a beginner's scope . Oh remember to upgrade both your probe and your scope in the future .

amspire:
It is a good basic oscilloscope. Manual easily available:

http://bama.edebris.com/download/bwd/824/BWD%20824_001.pdf

Built from standard parts, so fairly easy to service. Good manual.

It is missing the delayed sweep of the higher end analog scopes, but it is not a bad scope at all. I think you have done well.

Richard.

Greg323i:
Thanks for the link Richard, BAMA is a great site. It was the first thing I did when I was considering the scope. A friend and I each bought one from a university and we had a look at his on Saturday and it looks to be great for what I need. I imagine if I get in to digital electronics then I would soon outgrow it, but I don't see that happening soon.

amspire:
The beauty of owning a reliable analog scope is they will probably become very hard to get new soon, and they are just great to have even if you later get a digital scope. There is currently a massive effort in the digital scope world to try and equal the performance of analog scopes for things like transient detection in switching waveforms.

35MHz is good enough to see waveforms on most the the kind of circuits you will probably start with - like Arduinos, control circuits, audio,  etc.

Richard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version