Author Topic: CEM Door Access Controller S8000 - Looking for info.  (Read 1106 times)

Offline peterrashTopic starter

• Contributor
CEM Door Access Controller S8000 - Looking for info.
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:16:13 am »
I picked up a nice-looking metal industrial controller enclosure with a hinged, sealed door from a government auction. I assumed that I was buying just the enclosure.

When it arrived, I found that it contained a new-looking CEM S8000 Door Access Controller (pictures attached). I have no idea if it works, although it seems to power on ok and the status light is green. Does anyone know what this might be useful for? I hate to throw away any electronics that I could use for something, but I can't seem to find any info from the manufacturer or anywhere else regarding what this thing actually does, how to hook it up, etc.

It looks new, and all the connectors are there for installing wires into. Some of the connectors are solder-cup type, and have never been used, which makes me think this thing might be unused. If nothing else, there are lots of relays, connectors, and socketed components that I could remove and reuse, but I'd love to find a use for the whole board in some way, or at least to understand what it is that I've bought.

My best guess is that it interfaces with keypads or something and unlocks doors, but there are tons of connectors, and I don't know what else it might be capable of. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated - and sorry if this is a dumb question...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf