Author Topic: Cheap soldering stations with T12 tips - are they worth it?  (Read 40149 times)

Offline TuxKey

• Regular Contributor
Re: Cheap soldering stations with T12 tips - are they worth it?
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 02:30:02 pm »
First conclusion now both irons show exact 300c on display and temp meter. (after i fixed my blunder and did a proper measurement)..

Connecting the KSGER to my new grounded meanwell GSM90A24-P1M the whole unit seems to be grounded..
i measured this with my multi-meter on continuity from tip to third pin.

The station uses the same 5.5*2.5 jack (i bought spares for nothing hahahaha did not trust the Chinese  :scared:)
The Aluminum handle feels way better then holding the TS100 pen like shape..the silicon is burn proof..but not as flexible as my brymen probes..

The whole unit does feel a bit cheapish but then again it is  :-DD ..then again every part on this soldering station is replaceable for cheap so i'm pretty save..
I would even go so far as to state that this unit is probably the better choice over my TS100 only one negative i can say about the unit is that it's not openSource as far as the seller is concerned (that's what he told me) .. Then again i have no idea what this is for then??

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Emulator-Downloader-Programmer-ST-Link-V2-STM8-STM32-OLED-DIY-Kits-T12-Electronic-Welding-Iron-Tips/32820881304.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.e8902e0eB7NNWF

could it be that the unit i have is password locked (that's what the seller is saying on his site..

All that aside.not everyone is interested in  flashing his / her soldering iron..
it's fast heating small works with the same power supplies as the TS100. Plus it has a proper silicone soldering handle, everything is grounded.
Also you have an array of tips to choose from unlike the TS100..

in short getting this station with a cheaper handle when it's on sale will give you a good backup if and when you need it..you don't need to spend the $70 i did on it  ;D

Offline TuxKey

• Regular Contributor
Re: Cheap soldering stations with T12 tips - are they worth it?
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 04:27:07 pm »
comparison of TS100 chisel tips vs T12 tips i got.. the main reason why i got a different station..awesome tips..

https://imgur.com/a/VffA6hu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf