Author Topic: CReality Heads-Up: CR6-SE Fully Auto-Level 5-Min Build 3DP Kickstarter is UP.  (Read 1513 times)

Offline mnementhTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
CREALITY HEADS-UP:

https://creality.com/cr-6-se-3d-printer-crowdfunding-on-6th-may-p00296p1.html

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001939425/creality-cr-6-se-leveling-free-diy-3d-printer-kit

If you've been thinking about a 3DP, you probably know the Ender-3 is pretty much considered to be "THE" entry-level machine.

They've been chumming the water for about a month now on the CR6-SE; a whole new product aimed directly at the "3DP Noob" market. The KickStarter is up and has already secured $550,000 of their $100,000 goal in like 6 hours. There are still approx 120 slots left for the $319 buy-in... there were 220 slots when I logged in for mine.  :scared:

If they deliver half of what is promised, it's going to revolutionize "hobbyist-grade" 3DP.

Cheers,

mnem
*3DP-ily*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:39:42 pm by mnementh »
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

• Super Contributor
If you're serious, do NOT wait. I missed the $265 bracket by like 10 minutes; by the time I got all my schizz updated so I could check out, the $299 bracket was gone and only 200 slots left in the $319 bracket. :palm:

Right now 80 slots left at $319; next single-unit bracket will be $339, and folks are already buying into that. Why?  :-// Damifino.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1001939425/creality-cr-6-se-leveling-free-diy-3d-printer-kit

mnem
Crack... getcher 3DP crack right heeah... only US$319... >:D
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

• Super Contributor
Oh, those hosers... they just added another 1000 1500 slots at the USD$319 bracket. Now approx 480 of 1500 2000 slots left in the bracket. ::) They're now at $620,727 $796,255 pledged of $100,026 goal.

Still... glad I got in when I did.
  ;)

mnem
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:45:45 am by mnementh »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Wow silicon carbide glass bed? Had no idea such a thing could exist. Or is it some sort of coating only.

8-bit micro in 2020 is a bit disappointing, considering how cheap a GD32F103 is, but it does the job I'm sure.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Super Contributor
8-bit were just the prerelease review editions; they're coming with 32-bit board/TMC2209s. Plus a bunch of other extra stuff.

mnem
 :-/O

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
ah the neomi big boobs show again!
Wow silicon carbide glass bed? Had no idea such a thing could exist. Or is it some sort of coating only.
what do you care? i'd be more concern of silicon injected breast (they can actually do that) get poked out by some protruding 3d printer/printed parts. she really got no sense of safety, only entertainment.

8-bit were just the prerelease review editions; they're coming with 32-bit board/TMC2209s. Plus a bunch of other extra stuff.
32bits is just plain gimmick! this is not the "imho" thing, this is "C" (for crude) Reality (experience). 8 bit Mega can do that task perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:00:33 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
what do you care? i'd be more concern of silicon injected breast (they can actually do that) get poked out by some protruding 3d printer/printed parts. she really got no sense of safety, only entertainment.

? because silicon carbide is incredibly hard (9 mohs), and seems quite an exotic and expensive material to make a bed out of. I don't care about silicone.

32bits is just plain gimmick! this is not the "imho" thing, this is "C" (for crude) Reality (experience). 8 bit Mega can do that task perfectly fine.

No.

https://3dprinting.stackexchange.com/questions/542/what-is-the-benefit-of-using-an-arm-based-electronics
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
No.
https://3dprinting.stackexchange.com/questions/542/what-is-the-benefit-of-using-an-arm-based-electronics
you can believe anything in the net if you like. some infos are true (such as ARM is faster than AVR), but some facts are in the details of the FW, thats what gimmick (politics/communism/flat earther/5G protestants/mlm rich quick scheme/scam etc) is all about, covering bad infos with good infos. i follow the dev of marlin FW, if its hitting brick wall, they will drop the look ahead planner, no double extruder, GUI/LCD respond will lag, they will not add bed levelling "re-paralleogram" warped space geometry etc. its like lamborghini can go 500km/h, cheap car can go 150km/h, thats true. but the road speed limit is only 80km/h, thats what not being told. its probably true AVR cant drive full color 1K LCD, but its not the main functionality. the limit hits when you probably choose delta type printer, due to its inverse kinematics heavy trigonometry, but i dont see the point when normal xyz printer can do the same and dont waste much product space/volume as delta is (delta is another gimmickry of pointless innovation imho). but if you can buy lamborghini with full color LCD, at normal car's price, by all mean go for it.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf