Products > Other Equipment & Products

(SOLVED)CT-859, rare desoldering station, hack attempt..

(1/1)

Stanko55:
Hi everyone,
Recently I bought ct-859 desoledering station, second hand.Station came with broken gun and heating element...
Since it was cheap and believing it is going to be easy fix,I bought it.Also I tought it uses same parts as other chinese generic stations.
But I was wrong hahaha.
It is almost completely different than others.This 6kg "door holder"🤣 uses 220V AC vacuum pump with 2 membranes and most unfortunately some wierd heating element of 26/27V and probably 50W, switched on/off by triac.
Replacement heating element is nowhere to be found on internet,and buying complete gun because of cost is not option,for now...
But,there is hope! With station came replacement heating element for stations like ZD985/915 which has value of 24V and 80W.
 My first idea is very crude and simple ,and that is to replace transformer with more powerful one (this one is 55W) and on the hand gun connector put some resistor to drop voltage for heating element.
If anybody has better idea or suggestions how can I adress this problem I would be greateful.

Cheers!

macboy:
Hmmm....
Immediately I thought that the base station looked similar to a Hakko 470/474, and that the gun looked familiar too. After comparing some pics, the gun looks identical to the gun used for the 474. Its gun part number is Hakko 809. The heater is nominal 24V at 50W. I previously had a 470 (same gun) and also thought that the ZD accessories might work, especially the cheaper tips, so I tried some. They are just a little different in size, so won't work. But since yours looks identical to the Hakko gun, you may have more luck with those accessories and parts.

TheBay:
I've got a Quick 201B and the gun is a decent clone of a Hakko 809. It's far superior to the ZD(Zhongdi) and Aoyue desoldering stations/guns.
It might be worth looking at the replacement gun/parts listed for the Quick 201B as well?

Stanko55:
Well,after some thinkering, I decided to dismantle original heater,carefully cutting the ceramics.It is wire wound classic heater with temp probe.Heater wire was broken inside,I conected it again with crimping sleeve,and it works.It is good to go in service.

And in the future,if new replacement heater wouldnt be available,by looking at the construction of the dismantled heater,it will be possible make completly new one with some resistance wire and fire clay(only that part is tricky).

Zero money spend,sometimes, it is worth risking if you have nothing to lose..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version