Author Topic: CXG 862 - 1500W hot air station - odd induction claims  (Read 3268 times)

Online thm_wTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
CXG 862 - 1500W hot air station - odd induction claims
« on: January 17, 2022, 09:53:27 pm »
Probably a misleading mistranslation, but this is what they've claimed:
- "eddy current desoldering station" with "induction temperature rise"
- 128L/min
- 1500W

The 862 is borrowed from the Atten number (Quick 861 -> Atten 862, CXG 861). So most likely it is just another 862 clone.
The optional soldering plug in is a 24V JBC clone, nothing to see there (CXG 245). They claim that is induction too  ::)

Even if it did somehow use induction heating, would there be any benefit in a hot air station? I can't see much benefit.

ali: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003464173042.html

Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
  • Soldering Equipment Guru
Re: CXG 862 - 1500W hot air station - odd induction claims
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 06:28:26 pm »
- 128L/min
- 1500W

The 862 is borrowed from the Atten number (Quick 861 -> Atten 862, CXG 861). So most likely it is just another 862 clone.
The optional soldering plug in is a 24V JBC clone, nothing to see there (CXG 245). They claim that is induction too  ::)

Even if it did somehow use induction heating, would there be any benefit in a hot air station? I can't see much benefit.

ali: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003464173042.html

The induction heating appears to be limited only to the soldering handpiece, for which is does have many advantages. Possibly loosely similar to the Metcal GT series. It's more responsive since the tip can be heated more effectively.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdgelectronics/
Use code: “SDG5” to get 5% off JBC Equipment at Kaisertech

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 10:32:13 pm »
The induction heating appears to be limited only to the soldering handpiece, for which is does have many advantages. Possibly loosely similar to the Metcal GT series. It's more responsive since the tip can be heated more effectively.

They are clearly just lying then, as the tips are standard JBC 245 tips.
It looks like the heater cartridge is the same 5 pins as the Quick too. Just that two pins on the quick are female, and on the CXG are male (attached photo is from Quick).

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
  • Soldering Equipment Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 10:38:32 pm »
Agreed, complete lies then!
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdgelectronics/
Use code: “SDG5” to get 5% off JBC Equipment at Kaisertech

Offline minkok

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 06:38:55 am »
- 128L/min
- 1500W

Hi guys. I just bought that CXG862 and I can say it is very good indeed. I replaced my 20y old BEB852 ( kept for a spare). What I got is a very nice hot air blower and   handle for C210
( I am waiting for a 245 one) at a very good price ( only soldering iron if you order is at that price). Of course, I have a main soldering iron (Unisolder) and that will be an add-on to my Lab.
Now what bothers you is not what you think it is - a Chinese explanation, it is just a human body detection sensor for the hot air handle.
 What I do not like is the sleep vibration detection of the iron handle setted to 30s in a rest position ( understandable), anyway it works fine. And a Chinese user manual, for a station you really need to personalize. It needs firmware polishing, but it is a very nice device. Inside everything is nicely simple and configured, with a decent board, STM32 MCU.
Do not ask me for pics or a review, I just wanted to give my impression and in a fair way introduce you to that device.

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2023, 09:47:42 pm »
Hi guys. I just bought that CXG862 and I can say it is very good indeed. I replaced my 20y old BEB852 ( kept for a spare). What I got is a very nice hot air blower and   handle for C210
( I am waiting for a 245 one) at a very good price ( only soldering iron if you order is at that price). Of course, I have a main soldering iron (Unisolder) and that will be an add-on to my Lab.
Now what bothers you is not what you think it is - a Chinese explanation, it is just a human body detection sensor for the hot air handle.
 What I do not like is the sleep vibration detection of the iron handle setted to 30s in a rest position ( understandable), anyway it works fine. And a Chinese user manual, for a station you really need to personalize. It needs firmware polishing, but it is a very nice device. Inside everything is nicely simple and configured, with a decent board, STM32 MCU.
Do not ask me for pics or a review, I just wanted to give my impression and in a fair way introduce you to that device.

Thanks for the info, it did look decent enough. But they also call the soldering iron induction heating, and as you say its a standard JBC C245 type cartridge heater. So thats a straight up lie.

Any reason you don't want to post photos?

Offline minkok

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 05:45:20 pm »
The reason to start again this old theme is that that decent device got a bad start and could be a help to others the same way it helps me. I do not have time to disassemble it again to take pics. As I said it is a bad interpretation. It does not have vibration heating or induction, it is just what I mentioned above. look at the price and do not expect something extraordinary. What I like is its quality, and simplicity - even, I do not have any intention to use their programmable zone ( I have other devices for that purpose). I own it for 2-3 weeks and it is still new to appreciate it certain. Before buying it I looked for reviews, but nothing except that negative posting here.  Anyway if you need pics I can make them, but when I have time, mostly at weekends, about any question you have about using, you are welcome

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline minkok

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 06:24:07 am »
Hello again, I took some pics, and suppose to be what you need. The Iron has a nice quick lock 5pin/3A - XS9JK-5P/Y

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Computers repair CSL

Offline Computers repair CSL

• Laptop boards repairs
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2024, 03:30:17 pm »
Hello again, I took some pics, and suppose to be what you need. The Iron has a nice quick lock 5pin/3A - XS9JK-5P/Y
I just registered to say thank you
Following your input I bought this soldering station. It's an amazing soldering station, way better than what I had.

If anyone needs affordable station in a good price that's the one.
If I had space I'd bought another one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003673142100.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.5def1802cOTL4h

Offline Computers repair CSL

• Laptop boards repairs
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 05:35:34 pm »
I just registered to say thank you
Following your input I bought this soldering station. It's an amazing soldering station, way better than what I had.

If anyone needs affordable station in a good price that's the one.
If I had space I'd bought another one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003673142100.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.5def1802cOTL4h
DON'T BUY! The station stopped working after 3 times of use

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf