Products > Other Equipment & Products

DER EE DE-5000 Guard Line

(1/2) > >>

PerranOak:
I bought the DE-5000 LCR meter: it's great and seems to work well.

One thing though, it has a "guard line" with a croc clip on it and the manual says:

Guard line (TL-23) provides a shield for DUT, preventing interference when measuring high-impedance components

but it doesn't tell you where you connect this!

Please tell me: where should I shove it!

David Hess:

--- Quote from: PerranOak on August 05, 2022, 02:30:31 pm ---I bought the DE-5000 LCR meter: it's great and seems to work well.

One thing though, it has a "guard line" with a croc clip on it and the manual says:

Guard line (TL-23) provides a shield for DUT, preventing interference when measuring high-impedance components

--- End quote ---

The guard is the shield for the 2 force and 2 sense connections and any metallic enclosure used for the test fixture if present.  It blocks capacitive coupling to these wires and the device.

PerranOak:
"2 force and 2 sense"?

David Hess:

--- Quote from: PerranOak on August 05, 2022, 05:22:48 pm ---"2 force and 2 sense"?
--- End quote ---

Like a lot of LCR meters, the DE-5000 supports Kelvin or "4 wire" connections.  That means that two leads are outputs which drive the device under test, and two separate leads connect directly to the device under test to make the measurement.  This removes the parasitic resistance, capacitance, and inductance of the lead connections to the device under test.

ledtester:

--- Quote from: PerranOak on August 05, 2022, 02:30:31 pm ---

--- End quote ---

Based on the color scheme of the cable (green/yellow) my guess is that you should clip the aligator end of the TL-23 to an earth ground.

[attach=1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version