Author Topic: Desoldering station ZD-915... pro's kit ss331h replacement gun??  (Read 605 times)

Offline deezdramaTopic starter

• Contributor
Desoldering station ZD-915... pro's kit ss331h replacement gun??
« on: December 03, 2022, 09:02:12 am »
I bought the zd-915 desoldering station a year or so ago. Have not had a single issue with it and have recapped a dozen or more boards with it but I know its just a matter of time before the heating element burns out on it.
The zd-915 replacement parts cannot be found anymore..... Seems like the new black/teal green pros kit ss331h and its replacement parts are all thats available now.

I would like to order the new style replacement gun but i think the cord has an extra pin. Has anyone took one apart and probed the pins and figured the pinout and modded one of thwse to fit the older beige anesty zd-915 desolder power/vac unit?

Any ideas if the heating element is compatible? Id like to replace the whole gun since I think the new one has thermal mass improvements and a glass tube thats easier to remove but if ita not possible to use the new gun im hopeing the heating element can at least be used in the zd915 gun.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf