Author Topic: DVM Screen Protectors  (Read 2283 times)

Offline strangerTopic starter

DVM Screen Protectors
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:55:40 pm »
Hi, suspect some of you will do this already but I’ve just been adding display protection to some new Agilent DVMs bought in the recent sale, screen damage is one of the more annoying and difficult to fix things and it happens V easily. What I fitted this time were screen protectors intended for PDAs, happened to use kindle ones as one kindle protector (9cm x 12 cm) could be cut for four DVM screens. I suspect there is nothing particular about the protectors or supplier I went for :
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_12&products_id=111142]
[url]http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_12&products_id=111142

[/url]
The ones supplied had the brand name ‘Screate’, each screen came with protective film both sides and the rear of the protector has a low tack adhesive a bit like Post-it notes. The protector is a resilient high gloss plastic and they are not detectable at first glance when fitted. To make things more obvious for a picture I fitted one cut diagonally as a triangle to left lower side of this DVM, other than the reflections around the diagonal cut there is no real difference between the visibility of the protected and unprotected screen areas :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The protectors are strong enough to resist most casual damage and are easily peeled off and changed for pennies when you do finally scratch them rather than the LCD.

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
Re: DVM Screen Protectors
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:19:21 pm »
Man you got scammed   ;D  ;D  ;D

Next time ask me about an source of getting those ..

7 Pounds for 10 .... Oh my ..still laughing    ;D 

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
Re: DVM Screen Protectors
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:30:12 pm »
If you really need a screen protector, just get some scotch or packing tape and put them across the screen.  In 23 years of using DMM, its rare to really scratch the meter face to something horrible.

I only used screen protectors on the writing surface on my Palm PDA [ which tended to get badly scratched from the stylus] it wasn't a reading surface but the scotch tape worked well, just gummy to remove and needs cleaning when it wears out.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:32:18 pm by saturation »
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf