Author Topic: Dyson battery capacity test  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Manuel WaldTopic starter

Dyson battery capacity test
« on: November 16, 2023, 11:21:08 am »
Hello,

I would like to start a new topic here because I couldn't find anything anywhere:

I've been repairing Dyson batteries for some time now, now the one with V6 and V7 batteries works very well thanks to the help of @Tinfieber and @NeilP and other people.

Now I have some batteries that have little power or when I have balanced the cells and installed the new firmware I would like to know what the condition of the battery is.

During the test I would like to find out what the current performance is, how I can find out if there are defective cells or I would like to avoid passing on a repaired battery where after a short time the cell voltage becomes unbalanced again.

Simply install the battery in the vacuum cleaner until it is empty and charge it again and repeat that often is actually too easy for me, right?

Please give your opinion, experiences, thanks.

BR, Manuel

Offline Ugur

• Regular Contributor
Re: Dyson battery capacity test
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 11:59:19 am »
Hello,
I have never had a chance to review it before.
Is 18650 battery used in the Dyson battery box?

There are battery testers that give you information about the battery, but these devices are expensive.
The easiest and cheapest method is to measure the battery discharge time and power by making a load circuit. Or with an electronic load device.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf