Products > Other Equipment & Products

Dyson v7 Trigger cordless vacuum - TEARDOWN of battery pack

<< < (33/47) > >>

dvd4me:

--- Quote from: suenbrad on May 12, 2022, 03:30:47 pm ---1. Manually balance the battery to 3.7V.
2. Take a thin wire to briefly connect REST (PIN26) and GND (PIN28).
    Nothing happened, still no solution.If you press the button of the battery first, the red light will start flashing. At this time, the red flashing light will go out when you connect Rest and GND for a short time, but it will start flashing red immediately after removing the connection.

--- End quote ---

Hello, I just had the time to go thru the latest posts, it's been a while. I see in your nice pictures another small 8 pin chip, that must be the flash memory where the program is stored, clear the top with some paint remover and let us know the printed code. There must be some access to program the eeprom since the the programmer holes are there. All these new implementations of the BMS are hard to track.
Since nobody had a chance to work on a pack like yours there is not much info. This is a good chance to see more. If that's a flash chip then inside must be the location of the "red light lock" since it has to be stored permanently, not to be cleared by a hard " reset".
BTW crazy cool tool you have there, I'm waiting to get rich and buy myself one... :) 150$ on Amazon here, it's a gift I would love to give to myself, when it comes my birthday :)))

suenbrad:
U1:BQ769300 88TG4
U2:ATSAMD20E15A
8PIN:MV393I

palacios:
Folks, I registered in this forum solely to thank you, and specially Tinfever and dvd4me, who's astonishing work led me to dismantle the Dyson of my wife, to buy a Pickit 3 and mobilise my engineering degree ooooold knowledge in micro electronic.
I managed to get back blue light !
- Used a Trustfire magnetic charger to rebalance manually one or two accumulators that were clearly off balance
- Found on line 10 of EEPROM the values 5A and 09 on the two last figures, and replaced, as in the video of dvd4me by 00 and 7F

Plugged charger and got blue light.

One question, that I think is very related to unproper manual balance, is that some time I see an intermitent amber light on the LED, but it is sporadic for now.

Thank you guys, so much. So much. This is an action for nature and avoiding waste. Your explanations were very clear. Very good, very interesting.
I just can't believe how good people can be on this planet.

dvd4me:

--- Quote from: palacios on June 01, 2022, 06:18:13 am ---Folks, I registered in this forum solely to thank you, and specially Tinfever and dvd4me, who's astonishing work led me to dismantle the Dyson of my wife, to buy a Pickit 3 and mobilise my engineering degree ooooold knowledge in micro electronic.

--- End quote ---

Your enthusiasm is a good incentive to keep things moving in the battery repair area. Dyson was just an expensive example. Happy you made-it work.
Check the balancing with a voltmeter after some charge/discharge cycles to see if your cells are still healthy.
An intermittent amber could be the thermistor, it's 10K, if you try to change the cells there is a chance you can break-it.
Power tools cells are also worth saving, 100$ 5Ah pack is a little treasure chest waiting to be found.
Check my repair/revival video of a Rigid pack here:

I have found and fixed 2 over discharged packs, they work just fine now. I bought a Rigid drill just to use the batteries..  :-DD

Have fun

colinng:
I managed to use a PICkit2 compatible to reprogram location 1E to 00 - and it worked - on a V6 pack that had 32 blinks. Thanks!

The original PICkit2 software doesn't support the PIC16LF1847, but PICkit- (PICkit minus) at http://kair.us/projects/pickitminus/ does! It adds support for hundreds of newer chips, and works with both PICkit2, PICkit3, and in my case, a PICkit2 compatible.

Update: I tried the same thing (1E to 00) on a V7 pack that had 20 blinks --> did not work.
Also tried (1E to 00) and (1F to 7F) but it also didn't work.
I verified every write with a read, and it was set correctly.
However once I start the pack up (magnet + switch) it does the 20 blinks, and when I read back, 1E is now B0. Before any changes 1E was 9E (which I changed to 00).
The QR code inside the pack (which is 18650 with lots of padding) is VAL16108600212, made in Malaysia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version