Products > Other Equipment & Products

Elektor archive available on usb stick

(1/2) > >>

RAPo:
See https://www.electronics-lab.com/elektor-archive-1974-2019-usb-stick-99-95e/

armandine2:
I got the DVD for  1990 through 1999 but it wasn't facsimile copies of all the magazines, but edited and broken up into individual items - the bits they missed out might've been nothing or something, without the originals you will never know  :palm:

ozcar:

--- Quote from: RAPo on September 19, 2023, 03:29:57 pm ---See https://www.electronics-lab.com/elektor-archive-1974-2019-usb-stick-99-95e/

--- End quote ---

I see that there it says that it covers 1974-2019, but here says it is to 2022 now: https://www.elektor.com/elektor-archive-1974-2022-usb-stick-en.

I also note that says the €99.95 price represents a 50% reduction but it is not obvious if that is a temporary special promotion.

At one time I had all but one of the English edition magazines. Initially I was buying them at a newsagent and the number 6 edition was elusive for some reason (I got the impression something was published in it that might have caused some dispute, but that could be total rubbish). Later I had a subscription that included an annual CD (later DVD), and when they brought out the 1990-1999 DVD I got one of those, at which time I dumped a lot of the real printed on paper ones (might still have some that overlap though). I don’t remember anything being missing from the DVD, but then TBH I don’t refer to it that often.

I still have a subscription that includes an annual DVD, as I prefer that over having to download copies, but I wonder how long they are going to continue to produce those. Lately, even when you have paid extra to get the DVD, you have to specifically opt-in to receive one, otherwise they give some credit to buy other items from their shop.

I was thinking that the time will come when I can no longer read CDs or DVDs, but then perhaps at my age that is not something to be too concerned about.

Gyro:
... and that's why they forced all of the magazine archive sites to take down their scanned copies of the old paper magazines, going back decades, that were never sold in electronic form - $100, you get to buy them twice. I wonder if they downloaded them first to save the effort of scanning them themselves!  ::)

ozcar:

--- Quote from: Gyro on September 20, 2023, 08:22:06 pm ---... and that's why they forced all of the magazine archive sites to take down their scanned copies of the old paper magazines, going back decades, that were never sold in electronic form - $100, you get to buy them twice. I wonder if they downloaded them first to save the effort of scanning them themselves!  ::)

--- End quote ---

A couple of years ago I was able to get a scanned version of the issue 6 (that I had been unable to purchase originally) from worldradiohistory.com.

I was aware that some publications had been taken down there (I’m looking at you, Silicon Chip) but did not know that applied to Elektor, but on checking now it seems that you are correct, because the “UK” Elektor cupboard there is now bare.

However, there are still French, Italian and USA editions of Elektor available there. Are you saying that could be because those were perhaps not ever made available from the publisher in electronic form?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version