Author Topic: Faxitron DX-50-Looking for newer Faxitron SR Software, Calibration question  (Read 1423 times)

Offline neutronfluxlabs28Topic starter

Hello,
I recently got my hands on an excellent condition DX-50 with the larger Hamamatsu sensor.
Everything working well but I have two requests for the fine people here.
1. I have the Faxitron SR 1.4 software version, License keys, etc. all of this works fine except for.. it's XP.. As I move forward with my project really desire windows 10/7 compatible versions of the software. I am aware of the need for the License key and ethernet adapter to match the OEM computer's MAC address that I have. I hear there is version 1.5 and 1.6 floating around out there and our dear friend Frasier here will help me out when he returns from what he is doing. Any help on this would be great. please feel free to message me directly.
2. I have reviewed the supplied OEM service/maintenance manual and it as well as printed inserts seem to assert strongly that a regular check and adjustment of voltage rails is required for it to be in spec and for proper operation. I don't really know what I should expect out of resolution or quality but would like to keep it in tip-top shape. has anyone found any value in this or is it more risk than reward (perhaps turning something like the adjustment/focus grid out of focus) 
I have tried another gentleman's MATLAB code and that works well enough I will have some future use for that, but I'd like to use the newer OEM software for now.
I will be trying John McMaster's Linux code from his Github for the DX-50 as well later this weekend.
The end-game will be an attempt at a newer much larger enclosure where I will use cartesian 3-axis 3d printer guts to fabricate a PCB positioner and drive from code.

I'll start another thread at a later date on how I'm trying to bring a very large Samsung Model S3025-W Digital Flat Panel X-Ray online. love to have any software or documentation for that.I currently have what I suspect is a boot error(Linux) as it attempts to start up and then faults to a pink/red LED. there's no physical component damage so I'm hooking into the FPGA's serial TX/RX next!
Thanks everyone!!

Offline MindBender

• Regular Contributor
I’m afraid you’ll just have to learn to live with Windows XP. The problem is not in the Faxitron software, it is in the Hamamatsu camera driver. The latest version doesn’t play nice with Faxitron SR.

Fraser has done comprehensive tests with many combinations, and the most reliable one, requires Window XP. I can help you out with SR 1.6 though.

Offline Nicklinux

Hi guys, I just got lucky on the auction and finally got my hands on Faxitron DX-50 that I wanted for a very long time. Even though I’m very excited about it, I’m also a bit lost since it came without computer, cables or even software. I looked all over the internet in the last couple of days and unfortunately came up with nothing. I noticed your post while searching online, so you are my only hope at this point. Would you kindly also share drivers and SR V1.6 or perhaps also older version software with me ?
Thank you !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf