Author Topic: EXTECH CT70  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Scott in MichiganTopic starter

• Contributor
EXTECH CT70
« on: August 17, 2014, 04:48:29 pm »
We live in an old house, circa 1874, and it seemed prudent to ring out the REA-era wiring that was impractical to upgrade when we purchased it. The knob and tube in the attic is gone, but I suspect some cotton covered wiring still lurks in a few of the walls. So I've been methodically testing outlets and switches circuits and ceiling lamps with an Extech CT70 AC circuit load tester. 

Perhaps the folks on this board would like to take a peek inside it? Photo attached.

It's labeled CAT II 300V.  Thanks to this board I'm more aware of CAT rating implications, and wonder if the line rated components are adequately encapsulated from the outside world. (Comments appreciated).

There is another higher model and I suppose the unoccupied portions of the circuit board are for that version.

A few of the axial lead resistors seem to have been placed hurriedly. (The fuse labeled F2 though has to be bent inward to fit inside the case form factor.)

I thought the blob of solder from the case of crystal X11 to the anode of diode D6 was interesting.

Note the spelling of 'industrial' just south of that crystal.

I'm sure the more trained eyes on this board will notice things I have missed.

Best Regards,

Scott
NM8R

p.s.  Uploading the photo was interesting.  The board won't accept high resolution photos it appears, so I rendered a reduced resolution version. If anyone wants the high resolution file please contact me directly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf