Products > Other Equipment & Products

Going further with the Fluke 289

(1/7) > >>

elafargue:
Hi all,

I have spent a few evenings lately to dig further into the Fluke 289 multimeter and its serial protocol, and I have found quite a lot of fun stuff - remote control of the multimeter, screenshots, recording downloads, DMM configuration, even hints at internal file management. As this community seems to be generally quite knowledgeable on the various tool manufacturers, I am seeking your advice on whether it would be appropriate to release a specs document, so that hobbyists can get creative! IMHO it would be a nice boost for this excellent multimeter, but I do not know whether Fluke takes a hard line on the publication of such specs, or whether they are OK with it? I saw that they have published serial protocol specs for their portable scopes, but not much when it comes to their DMMs...

Let me know!

alm:
The Fluke 89IV/189 protocol is out there somewhere, don't remember if this was the Fluke website or not. The 289 protocol might be similar.

Richard W.:
Maybe i got something helpful  ;)

regards
Richard

elafargue:
Sure, this is the (very small) public spec for the 289. It doesn't even explain how to download recordings, which are one of the big features of the meter... The meter supports tons of additional commands. Try a "PRESS BACKLIGHT" command, for instance :)

alm:
Can the FlukeView software turn the backlight on? I wouldn't be surprised if this was not supported, since the remote protocols tend to be geared towards remote data acquisition as opposed to remote control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version