Author Topic: Good JBC clone?  (Read 22108 times)

Online Shock

• Super Contributor
Re: Good JBC clone?
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 08:05:46 am »
If you are talking about a genuine station, there are good and bad things about them (as with most stations). But the things you need to know up front is the fast change tips, tip selection, heating speed and power.

The downside is they are expensive to equip out with an array of tips (as opposed to something entry level like a Hakko 888D). So some of the advantage soon balloons into more expense (this may concern a hobbyist more than a professional to a point).

Owners of them have commented about tip durability and personally I passed because of the handle and the display angle. I'm not a fan of blue LCD displays (always seemed like a consumer gimmick).

I held out for years and went for the Pace ADS200 when it came out. It is a very different station but has advantages for me over the JBC, lower price tips, accuracy, construction, ease of repair, detached stand, optional tools (e.g. tweezers to be released).
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline ChrisG

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 08:47:02 am »
Hi all, still contemplating and contemplating. Funny thing is that the FTM (SEM Soudage) Dual DPA is still for sale see here https://www.ftm-technologies.com/en/product/100-w-soldering-desoldering-station/ at an incredible price of 1244€ which would one believe it's a solid iron. Well it's pretty good but the desoldering starts to really annoy me and I believe the heat control is a bit off. So here I am... wanting to change to a nice new soldering station whilst also thinking of throwing out the old one due space and making someone else happy. Does someone else have experience with the FTM Dual DPA. Looking forward to all of your advice, comments, tips, rants etc.

Offline ChrisG

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2018, 06:30:23 pm »
So definitely no Weller anymore anytime! No good and bad bad very bad customer service and marketing response. One of the worst ever.

Offline rlinx

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2024, 01:46:36 pm »
Where do I look?

Offline uli12us

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2024, 08:41:56 pm »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf