Products > Other Equipment & Products

Greenworks 60v battery Ohm terminal

<< < (10/10)

JunkPlusTools:
Great info in this thread. I have a GW 60V trimmer that I bought for parts, and can confirm that when powered from a 66V battery with just + and - terminals, it runs for ~3sec then powers off. No audible beeper.

This is the trimmer with motor down at the bottom of the shaft. The motor is an outrunner, direct drive to the trimmer spool, marked Globe 60VDC. It has no hall sensors, just the 3 motor phase wires. Motor has forced cooling, unlike most hobby outrunners. Motor bearings come with a slight bit of play from the factory (maybe I got a bad unit, but the play seems in the bearings themselves). Discovering that it is sensorless, and only runs for 3 seconds without GW battery authentication - I don't think it's ideal for my project.

Question for you folks - if I buy a dewalt 60V tool, will it run from a generic 60VDC source, or does it also try to 'authenticate' the battery?

typoknig:

--- Quote from: JunkPlusTools on November 19, 2021, 06:28:01 pm ---Great info in this thread. I have a GW 60V trimmer that I bought for parts, and can confirm that when powered from a 66V battery with just + and - terminals, it runs for ~3sec then powers off. No audible beeper.

This is the trimmer with motor down at the bottom of the shaft. The motor is an outrunner, direct drive to the trimmer spool, marked Globe 60VDC. It has no hall sensors, just the 3 motor phase wires. Motor has forced cooling, unlike most hobby outrunners. Motor bearings come with a slight bit of play from the factory (maybe I got a bad unit, but the play seems in the bearings themselves). Discovering that it is sensorless, and only runs for 3 seconds without GW battery authentication - I don't think it's ideal for my project.

Question for you folks - if I buy a dewalt 60V tool, will it run from a generic 60VDC source, or does it also try to 'authenticate' the battery?

--- End quote ---

I'll check and report back.  May not be till after Thanksgiving though.

typoknig:

--- Quote from: JunkPlusTools on November 19, 2021, 06:28:01 pm ---Great info in this thread. I have a GW 60V trimmer that I bought for parts, and can confirm that when powered from a 66V battery with just + and - terminals, it runs for ~3sec then powers off. No audible beeper.

--- End quote ---

I just checked to see if my DeWalt leaf blower (DCBL770) would run with only power and ground, and unfortunately it will not.  I didn't research any further, so making it work may be simple as jumping a few of the extra pins on the tool.

softwarecrash:
Hi there,
I have various Greenworks devices that I would like to use with other batteries.
I looked at the signal and wrote a small program based on it.
the program is designed in such a way that you can easily use other battery types.
unfortunately i don't have 60v and 80v batteries and can't reproduce the signal for them.

since the signal pauses are always the same length, i only need the pulse lengths and number of pulses, and what for battery and manufacturers.

like 1x400 3x200 13x102 .....

then i can include it in the program, maybe we can create a list with which manufacturers and battery types it works?

here the program
https://github.com/softwarecrash/OmegaFaker

by interesed, i think about a self learn function or a function to read out the battery and report the sequel by serial

typoknig:

--- Quote from: softwarecrash on Yesterday at 12:32:11 pm ---Hi there,
I have various Greenworks devices that I would like to use with other batteries.
I looked at the signal and wrote a small program based on it.
the program is designed in such a way that you can easily use other battery types.
unfortunately i don't have 60v and 80v batteries and can't reproduce the signal for them.

since the signal pauses are always the same length, i only need the pulse lengths and number of pulses, and what for battery and manufacturers.

like 1x400 3x200 13x102 .....

then i can include it in the program, maybe we can create a list with which manufacturers and battery types it works?

here the program
https://github.com/softwarecrash/OmegaFaker

by interesed, i think about a self learn function or a function to read out the battery and report the sequel by serial

--- End quote ---

Check the attachments in this post:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/greenworks-60v-battery-ohm-terminal/msg3488428/#msg3488428

You can also look at the Arduino programs that I and others have posted which typically have tables of pin high/low hold times.

I hope you have better luck with the 60v Greenworks system than I've had.  The only Greenworks tool I have is the 60v snow blower.  The programs I've written for the Arduino and those I have tried from others have not worked.  I believe this is either because the Arduino can't produce pulses precise enough for the Renesas IC to consider valid (Arduino is 8 bit and 16 MHz and the Renesas R5F100ACA used by the Greenworks battery is 16 bit and 32 MHz), or because there is some logic that won't accept the exact same series of pulses over and over again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version