Products > Other Equipment & Products

Help identifying component on 858D rework clone KSD858DP

<< < (5/5)

wraper:
I also suggest checking if D1 and D7 are not shorted. Measuring inductance of L1 (if you have an LCR meter, should be ~47uH). Maybe checking the fan from external power supply.

ygi:

--- Quote from: wraper on December 07, 2021, 10:21:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: TheBay on December 07, 2021, 10:13:57 pm ---I wouldn't just buy any random IC, you need to know the exact pinout and specifications of the one that was fitted.

--- End quote ---
I don't see something going wrong with such substitute. Pinout does match. Feedback divider is right for MCP16331 to get 24V out, output inductor is about right for it too. The only concern may be a crappy PCB layout for 500kHz.

--- End quote ---

According to the above datasheet, it needs a 100µH inductor for 24V output (see p.19). Just to make it clear, I'm not qualified to discuss this, it's what's written in the chart. I figured it might be important and if not, well, better safe than sorry...

DavidAlfa:
I recall there's a temperature fuse inside the heater, even on my $20  858D, so it won't catch fire so easily.

wraper:

--- Quote from: DavidAlfa on December 08, 2021, 03:46:23 pm ---I recall there's a temperature fuse inside the heater, even on my $20  858D, so it won't catch fire so easily.

--- End quote ---
Often there is none in these cheap stations. If you search for replacement heater some do have it but most of them lack a visible thermal fuse.

Chris56000:
Hi!

Q1 is an industry–standard dual MOSFET, each transistor is rated 50 V 3 A, Rds 130 mΩ, Qgs 2.2 nC, Ciss 250 pF, ton 5.1 ns, toff 15 ns !

The two individual FETs are wired in parallel.

Pinout :– Pin 1 Source 1, Pin 2 Gate 1, Pin 3 Source 2, Pin 4 Gate 2, Pins 5 & 6 Drain 1, Pins 7 & 8 Drain 2.

Full type no. is IRF7103PBF but any dual MOSFET that meets the above specs and pinout will do !

Chris Williams

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version