Author Topic: Hot air station HES-1000 ST from STAHLWERK  (Read 5303 times)

Offline rfspeziTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hot air station HES-1000 ST from STAHLWERK
« on: January 14, 2023, 05:28:19 pm »
On my search for a decent hot air station i came across the HES-1000 ST from STAHLWERK.
Does anyone know it and is it recommended?

https://www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraete.de/media/image/product/1851/lg/heissluft-loetstaion-1000watt.jpg

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hot air station HES-1000 ST from STAHLWERK
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 05:01:45 am »
I don't know about that station. I got a Best BST863 on the cheap from banggod. Two were dead on arrival. Third one worked. Banggood replaced all. Station is working good and they are now shipping from China with increased prices. It looks as if you could get the last one from banggood CZ warehouse saving a little money. Here's the link but you are at your own risk, don't blame me if it's dead on arrival:

https://www.banggood.com/BEST-BST-863-1200W-220V-or-110V-Intelligent-LCD-Touch-Screen-Heat-Air-SMD-Rework-Station-p-1431173.html?cur_warehouse=CZ&rmmds=buy&ID=523698

Stahlwerk, AFAIK, is also a chinese brand but it seems they care about quality more than chinese usually do? I have no experiene with them but watched some good reports about their MIG/TIG equipement, so you could give them a try.

People seem to agree that Quick 861 is good at work and quality made, but it's more in the 300 bucks range

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 07:28:19 am »
I found an almost identical hot air station called YIHUA 993DM.
From what i see in the video, i am not convinced.

Video:

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 10:07:04 am »
From the comments on that video:

@iMa Mobil Apple Repair In general, we import wholesale machines of many brands, for people who resell in Mercado Libre and other platforms, we also sometimes sell balances of machines that are left. I have tried, seen and repaired many machines and most of the time between one model and another of the same brand and of a similar price range they are almost the same, only the casing and the control card change are very similar with almost the same components in different position but basically the same, they use the same resistors and the same fans or pumps, sometimes they add an extra ground wire. So in terms of performance and temperature stability it is the same

I have to agree. Best BST-863 seems to be a clone of quick 861. IIRC, fan and heater would be the same? About the Best... you'll find spares if needed. You can get more details easily, there's a thread about that station here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/best-bst-863-hot-air-station/

Don't miss my heater glowing red hot... :palm: However, as said, Banggood sent me another working unit (third one) After that I repaired the fan and changed the heater, so I have now two working units.

If you are on a budget, you could try any of the clones. If you have deep pockets, go for the Quick.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 10:16:11 am »
I decided to go with an original Quick 861DW - although i don't have deep pockets.
My experience simply complies with the rule - If you buy cheap you often buy twize :)

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 10:14:53 pm »
H folks,has anyone got this? It does look like Yihua 993DM II copy but never found any reviews how is this station in terms of thermal stabilisation, etc? Can get now for 111 euro posted as VAT payer or else Atten 862D for 176 euro posted?

Offline Roehrenonkel

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 08:27:50 am »
Hi rfspezi,

thanks for the link.
Looks like Aliexpress/Vevor, but at least the company is located in germany.

The three chanels are just presets, right?
You'll get just round nozzles, nothing for QFP etc..

Wonder how accurate the temperature-regulation is.
But the price (100,- €) is tempting.

Best regards

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 11:00:37 am »
Unless you go for the cheapest ~50$ garbage, any modern digital station should have good enough t° control. The more important aspects are durability and whether you can find consumables easily and at decent price. If you have to throw the station in the bin once the heating element or fan goes bad, it's not a good deal at all.

The following users thanked this post: jackobo

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 11:06:12 am »
Vevor is only vendor in EU as well as the US and Canada with warehouses and staff who barely speak English. This Stahlwerk seem to be either have assembly facilities or assembling under strict German+EU electrical regulations. Plus 7 year warranty for not moving parts. My only concern about this particular station is its a bit obsolete anf can be a problem with parts, I mean spare heating elements etc. On other hand the price yes, cant see the reason pay extra 80-90 euro as 80% of my work is soldering iron and hot air is on occasional side. Yes, have feeling it would have lack of proper thermostability on changing airflow speed and temperatures unlike Atten 862D is almost perfect on it. Btw read some reviews where people claim whether Quick 861 or Atten 862 work  idealy only first year or two then get slower air flow, and so on and so on.
As to angled and square nozzles, here

Yihua official store at aliexpress sell this kit a bit dear for just nozzles, in correspondence with seller now in order to get only angled ones. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005253381888.html?pdp_npi=3%40dis%21USD%21US%20%2432.00%21US%20%2430.40%21%21%21%21%21%402101efeb16845174078161674e679e%2112000032370863327%21im%21%21
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 11:09:50 am by jackobo »

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 01:06:44 pm »
Emailed to the Stahlwerk people in order to find out if theres a calibration option in the device. The man replied no way and provided link to its manual which quite clearly says that there is :)) Miracles of marketing, we dont know what we sell :))) 7 yrs warranty for the price wise is sweet.

https://www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraete.de/kundeninfo/Bedienungsanleitung_Loetstation_HES1000-ST.pdf

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 01:34:18 pm »
Stahlwerk is a chinese company. It's like Sieg: lathe/mill "designed" in Germany... made in China. Made in China doesn't matter; quality does. 7 years warranty could mean something, but we will never know unless somebody buys it and writes a report.

Quick (which is a well regarded brand) and Best (which isn't) use the very same spares. I guess the only difference is quality control. Not a minor one. If you get the Stalwerk, it would be nice if you could open it and send some pictures.

Edit: the cradle is the same in all quick/best/yihua/stahlwerk. I would bet they are all the same inside, too. In the thread about BEST BST863 you'll find the links to the spares for fan and heater. If the handle fits in the same cradle, the heater has to be the same too. Having 7 years warranty, I would go for it, no doubt, and quite probably get a Quick equivalent station for 1/3 the price.

Even my BST863 are working good since the good one came to me and I fixed the DOA one.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 01:47:15 pm by tatel »

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 02:32:55 pm »
Agree with you, but at least they have to strictly comply EU electrical regulations positioning themselves as German business etc, which is really good.
 At least to my email replied a lad with german name in very good English, unlike Vevor peoplle obviously using google translate. As to the model itself, the only attraction here is a price at the moment, 50% off sale for say 200 euro I'd go for Atten. That Bst station looks attractive as well, the only thing which stops from buying it, the touch screen display.Considering Chinese quality control and components quality the simplier the better ))) I#ve found at youtube only one video regarding this Yihua 993DM II the Stahlwerk is a copy from, by some russian lad (english subtitles are available). Inside, well the pump is way smaller than Atten's or Quick's so that I really doubt about honest 120L/min. The hose unlike Quicks and Attens looks to be more rigid and kinky. But you are right you cant make any judgement until you get it. Do you reckon if EU company states 7yr warranty, they can avoid it somehow under EU regulations?

https://youtu.be/Nh6_ryt2mMg
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 02:35:14 pm by jackobo »

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 06:20:24 pm »
Found some pics of the Yihua 993DM II internally, so the fan blower wayyy smaller than competitors

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 01:52:22 pm »
Smaller? I'm not really sure. Perhaps there are less things into that case? Please seet attached pictures of BST863. It looks like Yihua is really cutting corners?

Fan on this station is about 3" diameter -76,2 mm. It's the original DOA fan that began working after some disassembling-reassembling. Heather is the new one substituted for the burned original one. The nozzles you posted will not fit, this heater is 27 mm diameter at the point. Edit: my bad, I just checked and my nozzles are indeed 23 mm diameter, it's just that they go inside heather's point, not outside.

So it look as if you could get replacements on Aliexpress for both the fan and the heater, no matter if you get the station from Quick, Best, Yihua, Stahlwer... I would bet they all came from the same OEM. There are links to the spares on the BST863 thread. A link to that thread is at the beginning of this thread.

About avoiding warranty, all I could say is Apple tried to do it to me in 1998... My really expensive brand new G3 PowerBook got all the paint scrapped where it rubbed against the strip that held it in the briefcase, so I complained. Answer: You should have used an Apple briefcase, so, no warranty. Reply: wait a minute, this is an official Apple store, why didn't you provided me with an Apple briefcase? Answer: Apple doesn't make any briefcases... I fought my way through secretaries with refractory skull, deal propositions and threats until I got a replacement... but after that, nothing about seller trying to escape from warranty responsabilities would surprise me.

Edit: fan is a moving part, it isn't? This non-working fan was the reason why heather got red hot and melt. Now it's working fine, but I would say these fans  should be watched closely.

Fellow forum member mastershake reported BST863 mainboard is crap, something about tracks breaking from the substrate while repairing IIRC. There is an open source board replacement from another forum member (see BST863 thread), which I got, so I have now a spare mainboard for the station that came DOA. But since there are no moving parts on that board, 7 year warranty should be good.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 02:29:28 pm by tatel »

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 01:54:52 pm »
Some more pics. Ligther in the pictures to give a better idea of size. As you can see, Yihua station lacks the EMI filter and secondary board.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 02:08:36 pm by tatel »

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2023, 02:06:37 pm »
Sameller? I'm not really sure. Perhaps there are less things into that case? Please seet attached pictures of BST863. It looks like Yihua is really cutting corners?

Fan on this station is about 3"" diameter -76,2 mm. It's the original DOA fan that began working after some disassembling-reassembling. Heather is the new one substituted for the burned original one. The nozzles you posted will not fit, this heater is 27 mm diameter at the point.

About avoiding warranty, all I could say is Apple tried to do it to me in 1998... My really expensive brand new G3 PowerBook got all the paint scrapped where it rubbed against the strip that held it in the briefcase, so I complained. Answer: You should have used an Apple briefcase, so, no warranty. Reply: wait a minute, this is an official Apple store, why didn't you provided me with an Apple briefcase? Answer: Apple doesn't make any briefcases... I fought my way through secretaries with refractory skull, deal propositions and threats until I got a replacement... but after that, nothing about seller trying to escape from warranty responsabilities would surprise me
I terms of fan, cant say anything. Visually its smaller then Quick, Best, Attens, etc. So this made me doubt it provides 120L/min. In terms of motor, according to its marking taken from the video of Yihua 993 posted above its really brushless, plus reviews on aliexpress for Yihua 993Dm II are really positive, but I think those reviewed never got a chance compare to even Atten 862. In terms of nozzles they should fit like it states on Yihua Official store at aliexpress : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005253381888.html?pdp_npi=3%40dis%21USD%21US%20%2432.00%21US%20%2430.40%21%21%21%21%21%402101efeb16845174078161674e679e%2112000032370863327%21im%21%21
Keep it in mind that Quicks, your Best's handles are even different in thickness than Atten 862 and nozzles from Atten wont fit mentioned. So same comes to Yihua I guess.
Warranty I dunno, the Stahlwerk man on email assured me its 7 yrs. Will they try to avoid it? who knows? the only thing is the station as for an Irish VAT payer would cost me 112 euro posted to my doorstep, which really tempting, oh yeah plus have to care to get angled nozzles if go for it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 02:11:03 pm by jackobo »

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 02:39:41 pm »
You are right, I was correcting my post while you were posting. Perhaps you would read it again?

Do we have any pictures of an open Stahlwerk? But, for €112, I would go for it. I think you'll find the spares on Ali at a reasonable price.

Yihua station seems to be crap to me

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2023, 04:44:41 pm »
Thanks for the corrected post. So I chanced my arm and emailed again Stahlwerk fella in order to find out if heating element is could be replaced from Yihua and if he doesnt know refer me to one from tech.support. And heres what he replied :)
Good day again,
Unfortunately, we cannot give you any information about third-party products from other manufacturers.
I would like to remind you of our 7-year guarantee.
I wish you a successful week.

Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Best regards,

Marcel Raemaekers

Kundenservice / Vertrieb-

Customer Service

Another words, we wont tell ya whats inside, but you can count entirely on our 7 year warranty  :D :D. I wish I have few pics of the station inside but alas. Presume, its should be better assembly inside considering position itself as a EU market product with all EU regulations etc. But its only my assumption.
  On another hand, Atten 862 posted from Germany for me as VAT payer is 172 euro. So now its dilemma: probably less quality and less thermostable Yihua clone with 7 yr warranty or more advanced station with virtually NO warranty but with extra pros :D
60 quid is not a big deal for me, but considering that I use hot air couple times a month, God knows maybe its better to try up with this german apparatus and get some flux and solder spares on change )))
 With Apple its strange situation. My co-worker got recently Jonard Tools US company's RJ45 pass through crimper. The pass through blade got blunt in about 40-50 connectors done however it was given warranty for 2000 cuts. He wrote JT support crowd with te problem, and they instead of spare blades sent him brand new crimper worth 70 euro )) So you never know.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 04:51:41 pm by jackobo »

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2023, 04:54:15 pm »
Some more pics. Ligther in the pictures to give a better idea of size. As you can see, Yihua station lacks the EMI filter and secondary board.
Well, Atten lacks them both EMI and motor controller board as well but it doesnt make it worse working than Quick 861 in some tests being beaten on temperature stability with cheaper apparutus which Atten is.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 04:57:54 pm by jackobo »

Offline tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2023, 08:50:24 pm »
Fan is the only moving part and I'm pretty sure you could find spares on Ali if necessary. Moreover, even if fan it's a moving part, they are legally compelled to give yo 2-3 year warranty covering that part anyway. Giving 7 year warranty isn't as easy as giving the usual period and shows self-confidence.

So I would go for that cheap station, particularly if you don't plan using it every day. But only you can make that decision

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2023, 06:36:00 pm »
I don't think you get an extended warranty on soldering equipment at all:

4. Material scope

The seven-year guarantee is only valid for electronic welding equipment, plasma cutters, car battery chargers, filter cassettes of the welding helmets and air compressors of the STAHLWERK brand, which were delivered by STAHLWERK Schweißgeräte Deutschland e.K. from 01.01.2020. For equipment delivered by STAHLWERK Schweißgeräte Deutschland e. K. until 31.12.2019 the previous five-year guarantee shall continue to apply, which, except for the shorter guarantee period, has the same content as the current seven-year guarantee.

5. Technical scope

The warranty extends to all components in the housing of the device. In particular, in the case of welding equipment, it refers to the circuit board and the inverter. It does not extend to the housing and its external components and connecting parts, such as, for example, the hose package or the earth clamp in the case of welding equipment. It also does not extend to accessories supplied with the unit which are not used inside the unit.
https://www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraete.de/warranty-conditions

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2023, 06:43:11 pm »
The customer care man claimed 7 yrs, should I not to trust him? all emails saved.Besides soldering and welding equipment is big time different areas.

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2023, 07:02:14 pm »
The customer care man claimed 7 yrs, should I not to trust him? all emails saved.Besides soldering and welding equipment is big time different areas.

Indeed, soldering and welding equipment are very different beasts. Which is why I would interpret the explicit limitation of the warranty to welding equipment etc. to imply that it does not cover soldering equipment.

I don't know how your exact email exchange went with Stahlwerk. I understand that two separate people were involved on their end, and could imagine that the fact that your question related to OEM soldering equipment was lost in the process. Better ask them to confirm explicitly whether the warranty covers the soldering stations. And maybe include a link to their warranty conditions, asking them to clear up the apparent contradiction.

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2023, 07:07:00 pm »

Indeed, soldering and welding equipment are very different beasts. Which is why I would interpret the explicit limitation of the warranty to welding equipment etc. to imply that it does not cover soldering equipment.

I don't know how your exact email exchange went with Stahlwerk. I understand that two separate people were involved on their end, and could imagine that the fact that your question related to OEM soldering equipment was lost in the process. Better ask them to confirm explicitly whether the warranty covers the soldering stations. And maybe include a link to their warranty conditions, asking them to clear up the apparent contradiction.
I was inquiring in very particular manner in terms of this specific product, the man confirmed twice: 7yrs. This Stahlwerk is 20+yrs in German market, what can I say? time will show.
PS.btw in the product manual also stated 7 yr warramty.
https://www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraete.de/kundeninfo/Bedienungsanleitung_Loetstation_HES1000-ST.pdf
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 07:09:30 pm by jackobo »

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2023, 07:39:01 pm »
Besides soldering and welding equipment is big time different areas.

It's a common mistranslation from Chinese - when they say electronic welding, they mean soldering.
Ahh, this is German vendor (with some chinese sourcing) but entirely operating in the EU for 20+ yrs. What Chinese  mistranslation are we talking about then?

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf