Author Topic: Hot air station HES-1000 ST from STAHLWERK  (Read 5087 times)

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Hot air station HES-1000 ST from STAHLWERK
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2023, 08:47:51 pm »
Besides soldering and welding equipment is big time different areas.

It's a common mistranslation from Chinese - when they say electronic welding, they mean soldering.

Not in this case. This site offers both, soldering and welding tools, and differentiates correctly between the terms -- both in English and in German.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2023, 07:06:17 am »
Stahlwerk is a chinese company. It's like Sieg: lathe/mill "designed" in Germany... made in China. Made in China doesn't matter; quality does. 7 years warranty could mean something, but we will never know unless somebody buys it and writes a report.
No, it’s definitely a German company. Their business is clearly in selling rebadged Chinese gear, but all the same, it’s not a Chinese company.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2023, 07:14:02 am »
Besides soldering and welding equipment is big time different areas.

It's a common mistranslation from Chinese - when they say electronic welding, they mean soldering.

Not in this case. This site offers both, soldering and welding tools, and differentiates correctly between the terms -- both in English and in German.
There are some exceptions. For example, their soldering flux, while labeled “solder paste flux”, then says “smooth welding surface” on the tub in English (while in German it correctly says “glatte Lötfläche”). The remainder of the English phrases on it are not much better. (For example, “gute Benetzung” means “good wetting”, not “good immersion”, which is kinda nonsensical.)

Of course, the fact that it doesn’t say what type of flux it is, other than “corrosion free” and “neutral pH” would make me leery of using it anyway.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 07:16:35 am by tooki »

Offline chronos42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2023, 06:29:58 am »
I couldn't resist by that price and have bought a HES-1000 ST from Stahwerk. I can confirm that it is 100% a relabeled YIHUA 993DM II. No need for more pictures, it is actually 100% the same. Nothing wrong with it, it works very well. Date of manufacturing is 2021, according to the label on the backside. Maybe they want to sell out their stock. I assume that did not sell very well, nobody expects this tool from this company, their core business is totally different.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 05:15:54 pm by chronos42 »

The following users thanked this post: jackobo, tatel

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2023, 07:18:41 pm »
Congrats with this purchase ! Can you make some tests for thermostability,hows the actual temp shown on display matched with actual measurements? Is there any EMI filter inside, since as they claim it complies with EU electrical safety regulations?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:20:58 pm by jackobo »

Offline chronos42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2023, 08:55:59 pm »
Hi, it is not easy to measure the temperature with a thermoelement. It is highly depending from the airflow. But all in all the temperature seems stable and is close to the temperature shown on the display when the thermosensor is approx. 10mm in front of the nozzle. For me it looks ok after a short test. In practice it works very well, I am very satisfied with this device.
There is no huge EMI filter inside like in the Quick station. Why should a hotair blower need a huge EMI Filter? When it switches the heaterelement in the zero crossing of the grid power I see no need for that. There is only a X capacitor, that´s the hole EMI circuit.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:03:47 pm by chronos42 »

The following users thanked this post: jackobo

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2023, 09:01:44 pm »
Hi, it is not easy to measure the temperature with a thermoelement. It is highly depending from the airflow. But all in all the temperature seems stable and is close to the temperature shown on the display when the thermosensor is approx. 10mm in front of the nozzle. For me it looks ok after a short test. In practice it works very well, I am very satisfied with this device.
There is no huge EMI filter inside like in the Quick station. Why should a hotair blower need a huge EMI Filter? When it switches the heaterelement in the zero crossing of the grid power I see no need for that. There is only a X capacitor, thats the hole EMI circuit.
On the good side,the thermal stability shouldn't be dependant on airflow speed. On contrary,as you change the airflow speed, the temp first has a little fluctuation,then goes back to set value in a short period of time. As to EMI: Read some review and man claimed he got interference on his oscilloscope while the hot air rework station was on (Atten 862 it has no emi filter as well) But overall, glad to hear this station is fine.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:06:13 pm by jackobo »

Offline chronos42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2023, 09:18:18 pm »
These devices switch 5A of mains power in a 230V grid, so there may be fluctuations in the mains power supply to your workplace. A good practice is to use a dedicated power outlet just for the hot air station and not the workbench power distribution. I can't see how this could be avoided with an EMI filter. There are a lot of nonsense reviews out there, so don't believe everything. ;)
I am not able to measure the air temperature with an simple thermosensor, that depends from so much parameters like airflow, distance to the nozzle, background (e.g. a PCB) and so on. Only important for me is that it is working very well in practical use.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 09:26:42 pm by chronos42 »

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2023, 01:42:45 pm »
Only important for me is that it is working very well in practical use.
Practical use is important, no doubts. But for me, its equally important stable temperature control. Cos unexpected extra 40-50 celcius overshoot could be fatal for smartphone mainboard.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2023, 02:29:09 pm »

I would actually put electrical safety first. I would not be overly impressed by nice, reproducible solder joints if I were to get electrocuted in the process. ::)

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2023, 02:37:44 pm »

I would actually put electrical safety first.

Guess, its should be 100% fine in terms of electrical safety if its sold in EU market. Not to mention this company is about or over 20 years operated in EU market.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2023, 03:22:02 pm »
Guess, its should be 100% fine in terms of electrical safety if its sold in EU market. Not to mention this company is about or over 20 years operated in EU market.

The inside photos of the main enclosure look fine to me. I would be curious about the internals of the handpiece. That's where the heater resides, right? So I assume wires are running inside the air tube; things get hot inside the handpiece; and the touchable metal parts need to be grounded. Are photos available somewhere on the interwebs?

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2023, 04:35:09 pm »

Are photos available somewhere on the interwebs?
Afraid not, the only hope for the new owner :) I like Atten 862 more at the handle's point, the heating element over there as the whole module. old outa new one in.

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2023, 12:31:43 pm »
Now the price back to 200 euro ))) The sale time is over.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2023, 06:36:31 pm »
Practical use is important, no doubts. But for me, its equally important stable temperature control. Cos unexpected extra 40-50 celcius overshoot could be fatal for smartphone mainboard.
What makes you think the temperature reaching the board is anywhere near that stable?!? Just moving a cm closer or farther is going to make a massive difference in actual temperature at the board. Precise temperature control (like a soldering iron) is pointless in a handheld hot air device.

Offline jackobo

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2023, 07:04:03 pm »
What makes you think the temperature reaching the board is anywhere near that stable?!? Just moving a cm closer or farther is going to make a massive difference in actual temperature at the board. Precise temperature control (like a soldering iron) is pointless in a handheld hot air device.
From working with the hot air station))) Got old 858d+ one, well calibrated,normal working distance from the board up to 10mm. And if you station overshoots say 30-40 celcius you can simply screw the board traces up. Normally -+ few mms gives -+ a few degree fluctuations.

The following users thanked this post: chronos42

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf