Author Topic: I need some suggestions for a hot air station that will see daily use.  (Read 769 times)

Offline Hootis TigglebitsTopic starter

• Contributor
My employer is looking to purchase a new hot air rework station.  Our current one is an old OK Industries FCR 2000 series and is rated at 300W, we mostly use it for removal of through hole down to 0603 and IC's.  I would prefer one that had both large and small nozzles available like the JBC stations below (is JBC a good brand?)
1946430-0 

Below is a list of features we're looking for:
-This will see daily use so it needs to be a quality product that will last for at least 5 years (our current one is over 20 years old so the longer the better.)
-Adjustable air flow
-Adjustable vacuum
-Adjustable temperature
-Optional foot pedals for blower and suction.
-Many different nozzle sizes for various IC configurations available.
-Nozzles must have a good tight fit on the handpiece, preferably screw on type nozzles like the one below.
1946436-1
-Hands free nozzle removal would be nice.
-Preferably one that can use a normal and small handpiece.
-At least 300W
-110V
-Preferably under $1500.

Thank you for your help and time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 04:57:25 pm by Hootis Tigglebits »

Offline eleguy

• Regular Contributor
Re: I need some suggestions for a hot air station that will see daily use.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 05:15:56 pm »
JBC is a good brand but they have had Monday versions as well. Specially their tweezer station CP-2QF was pretty problematic at the beginning. Luckily their guarantee works as this thingy was changed and fixed some times in total before we were somewhat happy.

I could consider myself as some sort of JBC fanboy but still decided to give a try to the Atten ST-862D few years back. Well why?? It just was recommended by too many. Price was and is still below 170 eur at least in the shop from where I bough it. And yes, I was pretty suspicious if it is any good. However, it does the job but certainly does not look & feel like JBC stuff. I don't use it "daily" but somewhat often still. Beside the little transformer humming "feature" it had some months back (which was easy to fix) I think that if I had a need to another one I would buy the same unit again. BUT it has no vacuum, pedals or hand free nozzle changing. I have not needed such so far.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 05:19:15 pm by eleguy »

The following users thanked this post: Hootis Tigglebits

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf