Author Topic: Removing live and neutral wires from connector?  (Read 2037 times)

Offline ocsetTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Removing live and neutral wires from connector?
« on: July 06, 2020, 08:16:03 pm »
Hello,
I have one of these LED ceiling lights in my shower room.
https://www.eterna-lighting.co.uk/product/shfullwh/#more-info
It no longer works.

I wish to change the driver. However, first I need to disconnect the live and neutral wires from the connector. Do you think I have to poke something into the little  holes in order to remove the live and neutral wires?
Pressing down on the lever things doesnt  allow any wires  to be removed.

I dont yet have anything non-conducting and small and thin enough to poke in there, but will buy something if readers think that will work.

_____________-------------------------------------______________________________
Also, the Driver is BREL-2D-24THC (12W, 125mA, 200-240VAC in)
I cant seem to find this anywhere on the web. I dont suppose you may know of this one?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:36:03 pm by treez »

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
Re: Removing live and neutral wires from connector?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 08:27:30 pm »
I dont yet have anything non-conducting and small and thin enough to poke in there,
make sure the powers off,double check,and try a straightened out paper clip,however often there a 1 time use,so just get the side cutters out,cut the wires and replace the terminal block

The following users thanked this post: ocset

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: Removing live and neutral wires from connector?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 09:02:34 am »
That looks like a dual output block - you should be able to cut off and safely isolate the wires (heatshrink) and push the new wires into the second pair of holes. As themadhippy says though - they should release with a suitable probe. It would be good practice to use the other pair of holes anyway as they really are intended to be single use.
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: ocset

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf