Author Topic: Is anyone else OCD with their tool and equipment organization?  (Read 697 times)

Offline HullenTopic starter

• Contributor
Ok so I’m sure that pretty much everyone here gets some enjoyment out of tools, electronics related and likely otherwise. I’m wondering about organization of those tools and equipment and how particular you guys are about that. So I have a dedicated electronics workbench in my garage where my scope as well as soldering station, parts organizers as well as other electronic bits. I keep it very neat and organized.

At work my ocd is actually a bit (maybe a lot) worse. I have two Snap On Epiq tool boxes(84” and 68”) and a Snap on Roll cart. The reason for so much tool box is I refuse to have tools piled on top of each other in my drawers. I can’t stand having to look for a specific tool. Sockets are on socket rails, wrenches are all on racks and pliers are all on racks. Obviously there’s certain things that there’s nothing you can do about such as the tools with cases that end up the bottom drawer. But I even have the the RIGID Pro gear system that I keep sorted fasteners in, consumables like glues greases and tapes, as well as wire harness connectors that I’ve salvaged from doing wire harness replacements… again all organized.

How do you guys organize your tools and are you picky about being organized?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 12:20:00 am by Hullen »
Fluke 87V MAX, KPS 9000BT, UEI 525DM, TPI 192-II, Wamptek DPS3010U, Snap On EEDM504D

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
Re: Is anyone else OCD with their tool and equipment organization?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 12:48:50 am »
Sure do.  Here is mine.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 12:54:10 am »
Lol
Fluke 87V MAX, KPS 9000BT, UEI 525DM, TPI 192-II, Wamptek DPS3010U, Snap On EEDM504D

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 07:44:45 am »
i try not to put oil soaked things on wood or at least isolate it with piles of pliers

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 10:45:28 am »
Does anyone have an actual response to the topic that was posted?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf