Author Topic: Jabe UD-1200 Soldering station nice JBC clone  (Read 32744 times)

Offline Daruosha

• Regular Contributor
Re: Jabe UD-1200 Soldering station nice JBC clone
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2019, 05:10:32 pm »
Back to the topic: How does clone JBC tips perform in both terms of longevity and heat transfer? Please share your experiences.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 05:55:31 pm »
Back to the topic: How does clone JBC tips perform in both terms of longevity and heat transfer? Please share your experiences.

- included tips are utter crap
- transformer smells bad
- linear transformer requires quality AC mains
- firmware is in Chinese only and is locked up (STM32 protection level 1, might be reversed but I did not bother)
- cooler fan is noisy, buzzer is annoying

I've read other comments from independent sources that it kills genuine tips as well so you are advised to lower the power setting.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:01:43 pm by Shock »
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2019, 06:19:41 pm »
Two videos I've seen show the FX-951 with a genuine fine tip taking 17 seconds from room temp to 350C so that's the slowest of the T12 bunch. If you mean the old Pace Intelliheat series with the TD100/TD100A handpiece it can do 7-8 seconds from room temp to 350C on a fairly fine tip.

I think at this point in time, anything that heats in under 20 seconds with a reasonably responsive PID loop will work fine. I've gotten by with far worse performance for the past 40 years. Granted I usually work on PTP wiring and older though hole PCBs. Thus, reliability that comes with a good brand name unit is more important to me than the last 1/4 second of thermal performance or ability to do soldering one degree over the melting point. I can always turn up the heat a bit. I'm used to reaching for the knob on the old Weller.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:57:11 pm by labjr »

Offline snoopy

• Frequent Contributor
    • Analog Precision
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2019, 02:12:54 pm »
Has anyone had any issues on the KSGER with temp set high at say 380 degrees where the tip temperature display jumps around quite a bit ? Doesn't seem to always do it and doesn't do it at the lower temperature settings ?? Thought it might have been a case that the power was being maxed out but the power setting is well within the maximum and also seems to become stable when set in the tip calibration mode. Could be a firmware issue ?

cheers

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2019, 09:18:29 pm »
Has anyone had any issues on the KSGER with temp set high at say 380 degrees where the tip temperature display jumps around quite a bit ? Doesn't seem to always do it and doesn't do it at the lower temperature settings ?? Thought it might have been a case that the power was being maxed out but the power setting is well within the maximum and also seems to become stable when set in the tip calibration mode. Could be a firmware issue ?

cheers

Not sure what KSGER has to do with the JABE UD-1200. Similar issues discussed before here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/new-diy-stc-t12-soldering-station-works-but-got-a-small-issue/
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Mp3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2020, 05:48:10 pm »
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I resent the comments that the included tips are of poor quality. Maybe just not the tips one would expect to get bundled with a station, but you have to remember this was a station that was meant for the Asian market only and then eventually got an english firmware made later as more and more people outside Asia  bought them. They are really popular in south america it seems with people who do phone repairs, and they all say the tips are great.

As someone who learned to solder with a conical tip, and used one much more frequently than a chisel tip for the majority of my hobby electronics time spent soldering, I don't think at all that the tips included are of poor quality, and this is coming from someone who's been using a Pace ADS200 almost daily for a long time now.

Case in point: the knife tip, which I've already ordered a backup of. The knife tip is amazing but you have to give yourself a chance to get to know it. Maybe if you are of the opinion that the world begins and ends with chisel tips, you can knock the output power down and use real JBC tips. However, i did one tiny TH PCB with the knife tip alone, to let myself get to learn it. I did 40 pin headers, 2 resistors and a couple wires. I had a little trouble when i was just starting where i could not get the solder to flow.

If this is where you stop and say "it's the tip's fault!" you are wrong. It took me 40 pin headers to learn how to use the knife tip correctly, and when I tried it on a more complex PCB later, i was banging out TH solder joints of very good quality faster than I ever had even with my Pace and its chisel tip. Plus, you can turn the knife tip around and use it as a sharp pointy tip to get narrow spaces and awkward locations. Each time i got an exemplary solder joint faster than I even thought possible. Each build worked perfect. So yes I think the included tips are very good and the only thing I can not speak to is their longevity versus JBC tips.

Personally i like conical tips a lot too for fine TH work and my only complaint is that the included tip is super fine, so it's good for phone work or repair on SMT, but they don't include the bigger / shorter conical tip, that one you have to buy by itself.

I never used a bent conical tip in my life, and that will probably sit...

I don't have any real JBC tips yet and will update on them later but from what I understand after watching all the Youtube videos on these, is that as long as you knock the power down to something like 70-80 watts then it will be fine (i have just bought a pair of chisel tips and another knife, and they are in the mail, now that i know i like the station, and try on 70w and work up if needed)

jabe doesn't even offer a chisel tip. Just the 4 tips, though you get 3 with your order of the station. I think if jbc tips are no problem at a lower wattage, just get those if you want.

The form factor of it is more ideal than the Pace by a long shot for small and cramped work spaces. In my tiny apartment I have a tiny work desk set up I do all my work on and that is part of why the ADS200 is going to likely going to live at my work space when i open it back up and keep the Jabe at home.
High school graduate

The following users thanked this post: Squantor

Offline Mp3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2020, 12:25:42 pm »
I've been using legitimate JBC tips at 70W since my last post without any issues whatsoever. I got a C245-011 and a 741. No issues and plenty of power at 70w. Works great!
High school graduate

Offline picazzo

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2020, 05:21:21 pm »
hello, thanks for the jabe ud-1200 article, great job. I have a technical question, I will buy this station and I do not have a white optocoupler marked a7840 visible in the photo of the board in the upper left corner. I have one and I want to solder it. In such a case there are no connected paths managed by this optocoupler. Maybe some little info what he gives in this station, because the station works without it. Thank you for helping Luk
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:28:46 am by picazzo »

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2020, 03:15:02 pm »
hello, thanks for the jabe ud-1200 article, great job. I have a technical question, I will buy this station and I do not have a white optocoupler marked a7840 visible in the photo of the board in the upper left corner. I have one and I want to solder it. In such a case there are no connected paths managed by this optocoupler. Maybe some little info what he gives in this station, because the station works without it. Thank you for helping Luk

It was probably removed to save cost.  If you go to Youtube and search for reviews of the Best BST-933B, there was one I found (can't remember the name of the Youtuber) that showed a quick teardown and the optocoupler you are asking about was not on the board in that video.  The Equalizor's video clearly shows it in his Jabe, but it was absent in the Best.  Not sure which video came first.  If the station works well without it, I would not worry about it, its probably left off the board because they don't use it.

I can't remember if it was asked in this thread or not, but the big let down to some about these JBC clones is that they cannot use the C210 handle.  Equalizor showed in another of his videos that "Pin 6" is not soldered in and that is apparently what JBC uses to determine if the handle plugged in is a C245 (receiver for Pin 6 is not populated) or a C210 (receiver for Pin 6 is populated).

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2020, 03:21:16 pm »
HI

There also this one don,t let the T12 confuse you it is a JBC clone, only issue it says it is only 75W. Not tried it.

This site also sells the one above

https://www.vipprogrammer.com/leisto-t1211-lead-free-soldering-station-mobile-phone-soldering-iron-programmer-3102?zenid=4t3ubb1fkv6idtj2i1ummqslm1

Alan

I was watching some Youtube videos on these clones and came across one for this station.  This station is a "clone" for JBC, but it is only compatible with the C210 handle.  Between this and the Jabe/Best units you would have a "full" JBC clone capable of using both handles (C245 and C210) but then that means having two units and in the end, is there any savings at that point?  Perhaps someone has modd'ed a Jabe/Best for use with a C210 handle, just not something I came across.

Offline LoneWolf

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2020, 10:45:50 pm »
Wonder if they make a DD, DI base unit clone :-)

Yes, The make a clone of JBC DI3000 , but for some reason their model name is DI36000.

Last month I bought one of those DI dual clones (Youyue DI3600) and it's great. I use genuine  JBC tips and it works just like a real JBC.

Can you help me out,I am very interested in getting the Youyue 3600 which is the same,can you please give me some feedback since you've now had that station a long time? I am going to get it for about 200$ usd ' wanted to ask you if it lets you adjust the temperature separately,can you use a iron in each hand & do you think its better than the pac ads200,t12 krsger?

& Lastly whether the tips wear out quickly & how useful is it to have a dual station as opposed to single station. Thanks for your help in advance

The following users thanked this post: FransW

Offline LoneWolf

• Contributor
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2020, 10:59:53 am »
HI

There also this one don,t let the T12 confuse you it is a JBC clone, only issue it says it is only 75W. Not tried it.

This site also sells the one above

https://www.vipprogrammer.com/leisto-t1211-lead-free-soldering-station-mobile-phone-soldering-iron-programmer-3102?zenid=4t3ubb1fkv6idtj2i1ummqslm1

Alan

I was watching some Youtube videos on these clones and came across one for this station.  This station is a "clone" for JBC, but it is only compatible with the C210 handle.  Between this and the Jabe/Best units you would have a "full" JBC clone capable of using both handles (C245 and C210) but then that means having two units and in the end, is there any savings at that point?  Perhaps someone has modd'ed a Jabe/Best for use with a C210 handle, just not something I came across.

I've been researching the youyue 3600 & apparently this is the only clone station that accepts the tweezer attachment,the 210 handle,the 245 handle & even the gun handle,I just wish someone would give me some input into what I should get,this station or the ads200 or the t12 ksger,I have been trying to figure out whether the dual handle stations are even useful & whether tweezers are useful as opposed to just buying a ksger hot air station? ?

If anyone reading this can chime in that'd be a great help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:02:21 am by LoneWolf »

Offline Pitrsek

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2020, 02:07:14 pm »
Hi,
I can't comment on the other choices, but JBC stuff is very nice. If you plan to do a lot smd work/rework, i would strongly recommend to at least have an option to add them.  I work with JBC station at work (the DI3000, one youyue is based on), with PA120 tweezers. We are in process of upgrading to AM120 tweezers. I use the tweezers a lot. There is also a pedal option for the tweezers, which seems very nice - i do not have personal experience yet though.

I'm in a similar situation as you, in a sense that I'm considering the dual channel youyue  as well, as I'd like to upgrade my home lab to JBC as well.
I do not have experience with Pace, Hakko, or the other soldering station you are considering. I have used stuff from ersa, metcal, weller. I like the JBC stuff better than the others. MMW.
Personally I'm deciding between  youyue, lowend jbc model(BT-2BWA) which can be had for 190eur ex.vat, or to build one of the diy controllers. ebay hunt was not fruitfull for me so far.

As you have looked into the youyue quite a bit, could you please share with me where did you found the lowest price? Thank you

The following users thanked this post: LoneWolf

Offline LoneWolf

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2020, 06:33:17 pm »
Hi,
I can't comment on the other choices, but JBC stuff is very nice. If you plan to do a lot smd work/rework, i would strongly recommend to at least have an option to add them.  I work with JBC station at work (the DI3000, one youyue is based on), with PA120 tweezers. We are in process of upgrading to AM120 tweezers. I use the tweezers a lot. There is also a pedal option for the tweezers, which seems very nice - i do not have personal experience yet though.

I'm in a similar situation as you, in a sense that I'm considering the dual channel youyue  as well, as I'd like to upgrade my home lab to JBC as well.
I do not have experience with Pace, Hakko, or the other soldering station you are considering. I have used stuff from ersa, metcal, weller. I like the JBC stuff better than the others. MMW.
Personally I'm deciding between  youyue, lowend jbc model(BT-2BWA) which can be had for 190eur ex.vat, or to build one of the diy controllers. ebay hunt was not fruitfull for me so far.

As you have looked into the youyue quite a bit, could you please share with me where did you found the lowest price? Thank you

I just found this am amazed at the price:it looks to be the Jbc 245 version of the usual ksgers & accepts jbc tips,it actually looks pretty good imo but I haven't seen anything about it yet in reviews or anything.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001633176163.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.56c72e0exOf1vr

Heres the link for the absolute best deal I found on YouYue 3600 that actually ships from the USA to the Usa,but the problem is that if you're in the Philippines you're probably better off shipping directly from China & you might be better off finding whether they ship to you & if you can get it shipped to you for around 230$ total then it'll be a good deal because thats the lowest price I found that ships to me in the Usa.(you'll have to enter your address to see which one comes out the least)

https://usa-m.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-YOUYUE-3600-Dual-Soldering-Station-Irons-with-Double-Channel-Handle-3-Second-Heating-Up-Adjustable-Temperature-for-Mobile-Phone-Repair-wp-Usa-1605637.html?rmmds=search&act_poa=SKUD79541&cur_warehouse=USA

I checked on this ebay listing & it seems that its far more expensive shipping to Philippines. (I did a mock shipping quote & it says itll be like an extra $80 than to the USA) so you're just going to have to shop around because of where you live,many places will be far more for you than if you lived in USA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUYUE-3600-Dual-Head-Soldering-Iron-Thermostatic-Soldering-Station-For-Phone/254449244719

Heres another store that sells it but I'm not sure whether to trust them nor if its cheaper.

https://www.vipprogrammer.com/youyue-3600-dual-head-soldering-iron-thermostatic-soldering-station-programmer-5769?zenid=r084ev3smetvkkgu0qu810r562

Tell me what you think of the 1st station I sent you the link for,its a Jbc 245 clone for much cheaper although it only has 1 handle & I'm not sure whether it supports all Jbc handles,the youyue DOES support all Jbc handles,& attachments,it supports the: 210,245,& the Jbc tweezers & the Jbc gun .
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:35:00 pm by LoneWolf »

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2020, 07:02:59 pm »
I would never spend $200 for a clone. The only reason it's $200 is because it looks like JBC. The quality probably still sucks.

The first one is priced more like it should be but only if it works well. I wonder how good the tips are? Because Genuine JBC tips are expensive if they're even compatible with that thing?

If Genuine tips are necessary, I  would get a KSGER T12 because T12 tips are cheaper. 

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2020, 07:12:00 pm »
Hi,

I just found this am amazed at the price:it looks to be the Jbc 245 version of the usual ksgers & accepts jbc tips,it actually looks pretty good imo but I haven't seen anything about it yet in reviews or anything.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001633176163.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.56c72e0exOf1vr

Heres the link for the absolute best deal I found on YouYue 3600 that actually ships from the USA to the Usa,but the problem is that if you're in the Philippines you're probably better off shipping directly from China & you might be better off finding whether they ship to you & if you can get it shipped to you for around 230$ total then it'll be a good deal because thats the lowest price I found that ships to me in the Usa.(you'll have to enter your address to see which one comes out the least)

https://usa-m.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-YOUYUE-3600-Dual-Soldering-Station-Irons-with-Double-Channel-Handle-3-Second-Heating-Up-Adjustable-Temperature-for-Mobile-Phone-Repair-wp-Usa-1605637.html?rmmds=search&act_poa=SKUD79541&cur_warehouse=USA

I checked on this ebay listing & it seems that its far more expensive shipping to Philippines. (I did a mock shipping quote & it says itll be like an extra $80 than to the USA) so you're just going to have to shop around because of where you live,many places will be far more for you than if you lived in USA.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YOUYUE-3600-Dual-Head-Soldering-Iron-Thermostatic-Soldering-Station-For-Phone/254449244719

Heres another store that sells it but I'm not sure whether to trust them nor if its cheaper.

https://www.vipprogrammer.com/youyue-3600-dual-head-soldering-iron-thermostatic-soldering-station-programmer-5769?zenid=r084ev3smetvkkgu0qu810r562

Tell me what you think of the 1st station I sent you the link for,its a Jbc 245 clone for much cheaper although it only has 1 handle & I'm not sure whether it supports all Jbc handles,the youyue DOES support all Jbc handles,& attachments,it supports the: 210,245,& the Jbc tweezers & the Jbc gun .

I can't answer your questions, but I believe that the first station you link to, the Handskit station likely uses the board below:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001694683205.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.63aa2e0eBgaGYl

IF they do, then the board will support a JBC245 and JBC210 handle, not at the same time though because in order to use a 210 handle, you would need to have a separate 12V power supply or if you can find one, a power supply that can put out both 24V or 12V and then you'd need to be able to switch between the power supplies, since I suspect they use a similar power supply as the KSGER T12 (and other T12 based on that form factor) stations, which only puts out 24V.  But that is a big *IF* on whether they use that same board since I don't have one to confirm.  Also, I doubt it supports more than the 245 and possibly the 210 (assuming it does), I suspect it will not support the tweezers, but that is purely speculation on my part.

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2020, 07:20:52 pm »
I would never spend $200 for a clone. The only reason it's $200 is because it looks like JBC. The quality probably still sucks.

The first one is priced more like it should be but only if it works well. I wonder how good the tips are? Because Genuine JBC tips are expensive if they're even compatible with that thing?

If Genuine tips are necessary, I  would get a KSGER T12 because T12 tips are cheaper.

Actually, the Youtube reviews of these stations seem to be positive on them, at least the early clones.  The downside with those early clones is that they only have support for one handle, either you get a $200 clone that supports JBC245 tips or you get a $200 clone that supports JBC210 tips. Which if you *need* to be able to use both tips, you'd be spending the same money on clones to get that capability as you would on a real JBC.  Looks like they recently have added the ability to support both tips in the same unit, if they maintained the same level of quality, then $200 may not be too bad for a serious hobbiest.

As an occasional solderer, I did get a KSGER T12 and it does what I need it to do very well and the cheapo clone tips that seem pretty good for my use, is another plus.  One of the shortcomings of the clone soldering stations is that there were not many clone tips available, so you'd still spend a lot on tips because you were stuck buying genuine JBC tips, now I see they are expanding the number of clone tips available as the number of clone JBC's are expanding.

Offline labjr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2020, 07:35:34 pm »
I can't answer your questions, but I believe that the first station you link to, the Handskit station likely uses the board below:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001694683205.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.63aa2e0eBgaGYl

So one board supports JBC 210, 245 and T12? I wonder if the board gives better performance with JBC tips than T12? Seems like a great idea for someone who can't decide.  I suppose you could use the board to build a station with a linear power supply and even use two controller boards for multiple irons?

If I didn't already have three soldering stations, I'd be tempted to build a multi iron station with that board using a 300VA toroid from Antek!

https://www.antekinc.com/as-3212-300va-12v-transformer/ 

« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 07:45:03 pm by labjr »

Offline LoneWolf

• Contributor
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2020, 08:07:45 pm »

So one board supports JBC 210, 245 and T12? I wonder if the board gives better performance with JBC tips than T12? Seems like a great idea for someone who can't decide.  I suppose you could use the board to build a station with a linear power supply and even use two controller boards for multiple irons?

If I didn't already have three soldering stations, I'd be tempted to build a multi iron station with that board using a 300VA toroid from Antek!

https://www.antekinc.com/as-3212-300va-12v-transformer/

Well the youyue 3600 has the ability to accept every jbc iron handle & tweezers,& I've seen the sugon Jbc clone iirc that allows both 210 & 245 tips to be used on the same iron.

(Theres a reviewer in spanish whom shows all the jbc clones compared to each other,& theres another Spanish reviewer whom tested out the Jabe 1200 vs the Real jbc & he switched the tips from both & the fake jbc tips made the real one perform worse,& the real tips made the Jabe perform identical to the real Jbc,he said that a Jbc rep told him the secret to Jbc is in the tips not the hardware,

but then a different reviewer says that some of his clones like the Toor-12 & Sugon & Jabe  performs perfect with fake tips too so theres that.)

Bottom line though is that the software is identical in the Jabe 1200 & the actual Jbc,the only difference is that the Jabe can't use both style handles & tips,only the Sugon Jbc clone & the Youyue 3600 allow you to use both types of handles but afaik the Sugon is the one that allows you to use both types of tips on same handle

(I'm not 100% whether the Toor-t12-11,accepts both though.)

As far as reliability I think the Jbc clones are as close to a real jbc as you can get, because they even weigh the same & have a beefy power supply inside too. They even have a fan
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 08:11:09 pm by LoneWolf »

Offline Shoubhik saha

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2021, 07:56:23 am »
Hence sugon t26 can use t245 and t210 both tips in the given default handle??

Offline rafscipio

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2021, 08:09:42 am »
I bought a Youyue 3600
edit: I even tried PA1200 tweezers on my clone unit and it worked flawlessly.

can you share how to link the original connector of the Youyue station with the one of JBC PA1200?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:08:14 am by rafscipio »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf