Author Topic: JBC AD2700 soldering station.... fixed-temperature  (Read 4569 times)

Online gabinetex

• Contributor
JBC AD2700 soldering station.... fixed-temperature
« on: October 31, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »
Hi everyone,
I think this is my first post on the forum, i'm not sure...
Anyway.
I recently bought a second hand JBC AD2700 soldering station,  got it delivered yesterday...
I've been playing with it and was really happy and impressed with it and its ultra-fast heat up time and so on....until i noticed that the iron was melting solder even when set at 100C. After reading the manual I learned that when the iron is not in the stand, if the green LED is not constantly ON, that means that the temperature has been fixed, and that the temp control knob has no effect at all on the temperature, its only use being to determine the value of the programmed fixed temperature, which in my case is 330C... Apparently the only way to reset the unit back to factory settings, that is, to turn it back into a variable-temperature station, is by means of the JBC AC2600 programming console which cost an arm and a leg.....

My question is:

Does anybody knows if it's possible to manually reset the unit without the AC2600 ? 
(I've already opened the unit and there is no internal switches, just some connectors for the AC2600, I assume )

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
Re: JBC AD2700 soldering station.... fixed-temperature
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 03:03:39 am »
well...   Howard did have a free AC2600 service, according to their website

"Free Service from HEI
With the use of the AC2600 Console you can fix the working temperature, adjust the sleep temperature and delay of sleep temperature, set to read Celsius or Fahrenheit, set adjustment of temperatures up to ±99ºF (50ºC), and set the maximum working temperature. The beauty is that you do not have to purchase the AC2600 --- we will make the settings for you, free of charge."

who knows if that offer still exists for equipment not sold anymore, or where on Earth you reside (please update your country flag) to find JBC service

http://www.howardelectronics.com/jbc/ad2700.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:05:25 am by staxquad »
"TEPCO Fukushima you long time"
You say Vegemite, I say Yosemite. (Ve-gem-mit-tee, Yo-zey-might)  
"For starters : you're Canadian...."

Online gabinetex

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:01 am »
thanks for the info Staxquad....
 HEI are a bit too far away from me (assuming they still provide that service).
I've sent JBC tools an email, let's see what they say. If they can't help I'll start contacting JBC distributors in the UK to see if they offer a service similar to HEI's...
cheers.

Offline Geo

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 10:49:54 pm »
Gabinetex,

I realise this is an old post but I thought I would try here first before opening a new topic as there is no other information on the internet.

Did you happen resolve this matter? Just bought the same Iron with the same fixed temperature problem on Ebay and will return the station if I cannot resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance if you get in touch

Geo

Offline baho

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 08:53:29 pm »
Hi,
Maybe it will be useful for anybody. I have solution but it needs to reprogram internal EEPROM for that.
In attachments you can find archive with two files: original (blocked temp) and fixed (free temp). Fixed file have changed only one byte at 0x30 position (01 -> 00).
I have found it a while ago in 2011 but I didn't realize that it may needs not only for me :-//  :D
For modify EEPROM I was needed to desolder it firstly.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 10:50:27 pm »
Hi,
Maybe it will be useful for anybody. I have solution but it needs to reprogram internal EEPROM for that.
In attachments you can find archive with two files: original (blocked temp) and fixed (free temp). Fixed file have changed only one byte at 0x30 position (01 -> 00).
I have found it a while ago in 2011 but I didn't realize that it may needs not only for me :-//  :D
For modify EEPROM I was needed to desolder it firstly.

That is great first post!!
Welcome!

The following users thanked this post: baho

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf