Author Topic: JBC RTS Vs HT Soldering tips  (Read 207 times)

Offline 2X

• Regular Contributor
JBC RTS Vs HT Soldering tips
« on: April 02, 2021, 12:17:54 pm »
Hello,
does anyone knows what is the difference and the right use between the RTS Vs HT and "general" soldering tips? I read that the RTS tip "is constructed with Reduced "Tinned" Surface (RTS), perfect for touch-up applications". What means "touch-up applications" and why is good because it has less tin coat? Thanks in advance. The HT I believe it stands from Heat Transfer but I am not sure.

C245-064 (RTS)      

C245-405 (HT)

C245-905 -> "general"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 12:19:59 pm by 2X »

Offline Hohn

• Contributor
Re: JBC RTS Vs HT Soldering tips
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 06:18:50 pm »
I don't see the "RTS" and "HT" listed in the tip catalog, just "long life" and "extended life".

A "touch up application" is likely a rework situation where something is having to be reflowed or repaired. Less tin coat would have enhanced heat flow and thus be able to flow more heat into an assembly in less time. This should allow soldering at lower temperature and reduce the risk of overheating nearby components, which is more significant in a fully assembled board than one in which you are hand soldering the initial assembly.

"Reduced Tinned Surface" might be a tip that is face-tinned only. Those are useful for drag soldering and tinning leads and such.

Sorry that I have to speculate, I can't say anything definitively here.

The following users thanked this post: AlfBaz

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf