Author Topic: Kmart for the win it seems, cheap MIC that is decent?  (Read 863 times)

Offline asteroneTopic starter

• Contributor
Kmart for the win it seems, cheap MIC that is decent?
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:18:42 am »
All credit to Makers Muse, I just watched the video  :-+ But thought it interesting.

https://youtu.be/1M84sgLRmF0

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: Kmart for the win it seems, cheap MIC that is decent?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 09:05:18 am »
To it's credit K-mart stuff is usually fairly decent for cheap products.  But thier supply is pretty hit and miss here in NZ, always a gamble if they have empty shelves or full ones, even before covid.
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline Hohn

• Contributor
Re: Kmart for the win it seems, cheap MIC that is decent?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 12:05:33 pm »
There's no need to go THAT expensive to get good audio. You can get excellent sound from reputable manufacturers for a lot less than $500. I have the AKG D5 and it's an excellent dynamic (live sound) microphone with a supercardioid pickup patter and excellent feedback resistance. I paid $70 for mine.

RODE from Aus has several microphones that sound excellent, are well-made (not in China, but in AUS) and also are affordable.

Why go bottom of the barrel no-name microphone from a mystery company when good quality from reputable brands is not much more?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf