Author Topic: Anti Static Mats  (Read 7156 times)

Offline Michael KuzieTopic starter

• Contributor
Anti Static Mats
« on: July 01, 2014, 04:35:05 am »
Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me of a store or website where I can order a custom sized anti static bench mat? Doesn't have to be the best mat in the world but it has to be decent. If anyone any other suggestions please feel free to comment! Also the size of mat i'm looking for is an odd ball the bench is around 8'X18" so I want it to cover the majority of the bench but a little smaller will be fine

Michael Kuzie

Offline ivaylo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Anti Static Mats
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:00:19 am »
Which country?

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:21:55 am »
Your location (country) is needed.

For example, there's an eBay seller that does custom sizes if you contact him (based in Canada, but ships internationally). Based on regular prices in the US, he's less expensive IME (same mat dimensions and material). Narrowest mat from the factory he carries is 24" (think it's the narrowest made), but it can be trimmed down.

BTW, if you go into your user profile and set your country, your nation's flag will be displayed under your userID. Makes it a lot easier to post relevant links, and you won't get the "please post country" questions all the time. Easier for everyone IMHO.  ;)

Offline mij59

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:23:08 am »
You can find lots of information on the EEVblog, search for esd mat.
Search on  eBay , Google,  for rubber esd mat.
Do not choose esd matting made from pvc !

Offline Sebastian

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »
I also want to buy good ESD matting and I found this: http://www.antistatonline.co.uk/product.php/99/anti-static-mat-3-layer-smooth
Shipping to Austria is €46 but they can custom cut which makes it still cheaper than more local stores, because then I had to buy a whole 10m roll.
I am going to order one piece 2000mm x 600mm and one piece 1500mm x 750mm for €186.73 + shipping.
They also told me lead time is 3-4 weeks.

Offline Precipice

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:28:39 pm »
I also want to buy good ESD matting and I found this

I bought some mats from them - they were fine to deal with.
http://www.antistatonline.co.uk/product.php/97/anti-slip-multipurpose-esd-mat
In retrospect, though, the yellow floor mats were a terrible idea. They always look grubby. My fault, not theirs, though!

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 10:25:12 pm »
I also want to buy good ESD matting and I found this: http://www.antistatonline.co.uk/product.php/99/anti-static-mat-3-layer-smooth
Shipping to Austria is €46 but they can custom cut which makes it still cheaper than more local stores, because then I had to buy a whole 10m roll.
I am going to order one piece 2000mm x 600mm and one piece 1500mm x 750mm for €186.73 + shipping.

the format and the contains of that datasheet shares some thing with the multicomp branded stuff at farnell, maybe they are the original manufacter of those mats?

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 10:37:43 pm »

Sorry I'm in Canada

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 10:43:06 pm »

What do you mean by custom cut? As in you can custom cut them our they custom cut them for you? if the do custom cut them please send me a link since I can't find them

Thanks

Offline aroby

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 10:51:36 pm »
Seems that many of the mats on eBay are from Canadian sellers.  I am probably going to order a mat from http://www.esdmat.com.  They are reasonably priced.

Anthony

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 10:53:55 pm »

For example, there's an eBay seller that does custom sizes if you contact him (based in Canada, but ships internationally). Based on regular prices in the US, he's less expensive IME (same mat dimensions and material). Narrowest mat from the factory he carries is 24" (think it's the narrowest made), but it can be trimmed down.

The largest he sells is 24" X 72" which is only 2' X 6' which is an option but it's a little short and I would have to cut the width somehow, not sure if you have to cut it a certain way to not damage the mat or if it as simple as just using an x acto knife, Still an option though!

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 10:56:22 pm »
Seems that many of the mats on eBay are from Canadian sellers.  I am probably going to order a mat from http://www.esdmat.com.

Thats not a bad website they have nice sized mats I wish they had a higher heat resistance though!

Offline Sebastian

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:52 am »

What do you mean by custom cut? As in you can custom cut them our they custom cut them for you? if the do custom cut them please send me a link since I can't find them

Thanks

They cut it for you. It says it somewhere on the site, I cant remember where, but you just have to ask via the contact form (http://www.antistatonline.co.uk/contact.php) and they will send you a quotation. I wrote the part number of the mat i want and the size(s) and they calculate how much material is needed and what it will cost. I also asked for the shipping, don't know if they tell you by default.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 01:32:25 am »
The largest he sells is 24" X 72" which is only 2' X 6' which is an option but it's a little short and I would have to cut the width somehow, not sure if you have to cut it a certain way to not damage the mat or if it as simple as just using an x acto knife, Still an option though!
It's not the largest in any width, as he has entire rolls listed for sale (32' or 40'). He just doesn't have any pre-made 8' mats listed in any width. But he will make custom mats per request (chose dimensions, color, textured or smooth surface, kit or not).

There's no software tool for custom orders however, so you'll have to make contact with the seller. Send an email and he will respond in a timely manner IME (excellent communication when I bought mine). Here's the store again (canvu0_0).

Since that seller happens to be in Canada, I'd think it easier and cheaper than a US source. Seriously, this is very likely your best bet on cost for an excellent quality mat.

BTW, if you do decide to cut it on your own, there's no issues with direction. Just need a good sharp pair of shears or razor knife (fresh blade & puncture first with the point, then cut). Dave even has a video on this somewhere.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 02:13:09 am »
It's not the largest in any width, as he has entire rolls listed for sale (32' or 40'). He just doesn't have any pre-made 8' mats listed in any width. But he will make custom mats per request (chose dimensions, color, textured or smooth surface, kit or not).

There's no software tool for custom orders however, so you'll have to make contact with the seller. Send an email and he will respond in a timely manner IME (excellent communication when I bought mine). Here's the store again (canvu0_0).

Since that seller happens to be in Canada, I'd think it easier and cheaper than a US source. Seriously, this is very likely your best bet on cost for an excellent quality mat.

BTW, if you do decide to cut it on your own, there's no issues with direction. Just need a good sharp pair of shears or razor knife (fresh blade & puncture first with the point, then cut). Dave even has a video on this somewhere.

Plus he's in Canada, just send him a message he's very accommodating.

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 02:52:27 am »

Thanks

They cut it for you. It says it somewhere on the site, I cant remember where, but you just have to ask via the contact form (http://www.antistatonline.co.uk/contact.php) and they will send you a quotation. I wrote the part number of the mat i want and the size(s) and they calculate how much material is needed and what it will cost. I also asked for the shipping, don't know if they tell you by default.

Sadly they only ship in the UK and European union and i'm in Canada which in a way is part of the UK but not really  :(

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:30 am »

Ya I think you're right the price is great and if I can get it custom cut to 2' X 8' than that would be perfect! Also I'm in Canada so that is even better although I have never used Ebay before lol. I wonder if he makes it in blue since I don't like the green and the grey is only ok. (I'm changing the dimensions of my work bench so that it will be easier to find a good priced mat as well as i'll have extra work space, the reason it was so narrow before is because I have a space restraint since it is going in my basement right beside my pool table because all I have right now is a small 16" X 4' work bench in my storage room!)

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 02:59:12 am »
Thanks to everyone who helped with the links I fairly sure that I'm going to go with a custom cut double layered rubber esd mat off of ebay!

Thanks again,
Michael Kuzie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf