Author Topic: Metcal MX500P & compressor  (Read 692 times)

Offline Nuno_ptTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Metcal MX500P & compressor
« on: April 29, 2020, 05:34:06 pm »
Hi all,

Today a neighbor of mine gave me a Einhell Euro 1500 E compressor, it's a 24l 8 bar compressor.

The compressor is a bit rusty, with some paint falling off when I clean it, so I plug the thing to see if it would start, and it start   :-+

Now the bad thing, on the output of the compressor it uses a Condor MDR 1/11ea pressure switch with start & relief valve system < https://www.condor-usa.com/mdr1-11-ea-212140 >, which is broken it have a crack so it loses air so the compressor is almost always running to compensate the leak. |O

Since it would be useful to have the compressor in here, to clean the bench and to use on other stuff around the house or car, I thought of using it for a desoldering gun.

I was looking to buy a cheap desoldering station, but I've a Metcal MX500P-21 so it was just add the MX-DS1 gun and could use the compressor for the ventury.

I've to replace the Condor MDR1/11ea switch, since he's crack, but what should I use after that to regulate the pressure and flow?
Do I need a filter for the air/oil? of what type?

Anyone with experience on this?

Nuno
CT2IRY

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Metcal MX500P & compressor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 08:03:04 pm »
Today I've the time to take some pictures of the compressor.

Here are some pictures showing the actual state of the compressor, it works but I've to make some changes.

1- buy a new Condor MDR1-ea11   
2- buy regulator for 8 Bar to put on the output of the Condor
3 - buy double outlet 1/4" BSF to connect to the Condor
4- buy air/oil filter with regulator to put on the wall behind the bench to regulate the pressure for the Metcal DS1
Nuno
CT2IRY

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 08:04:50 pm »
Some more pictures
Nuno
CT2IRY

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 08:06:59 pm »
Last one.

Since I've this compressor I'll start to rebuild it to use it around the house and one the bench with Metcal DS1.
Nuno
CT2IRY

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf