Products > Other Equipment & Products

MFG-3005 Function Generator???

(1/2) > >>

dopplershift:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of the MFG-3005 function generator? I think the brand is "Meili"?

I've found it on Ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Function-Signal-Wave-Generator-0-1Hz-5-MHz-AUS-/110694819556?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item19c5ece6e4. How do you post a proper hyperlink btw? I can't work out how to post html?

From the specs, it looks like very good value. Has anyone heard of the brand or this model before? Is it just a cheap chinese brand?

Cheers,

Dopplershift

Bored@Work:

--- Quote from: dopplershift on June 02, 2011, 06:40:04 am ---Has anyone heard of the brand or this model before? Is it just a cheap chinese brand?
--- End quote ---

Generic Chines badge engineering. Google LW-1642 for comparison.

OEM might be Jinteng Instrument Equipments, aka Longwei Instruments (HK) Co., Ltd., aka Dongguan Longwei Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.

I wish Chinese companies wouldn't change their name more often than I change my underpants ... It of course might be that this company is also only doing badge-engineering, and the original manufacturer is yet someone else.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: BoredAtWork on June 02, 2011, 07:37:50 am ---I wish Chinese companies wouldn't change their name more often than I change my underpants ...

--- End quote ---

That's why simply refer to them all as OneHungLow brand!  ;D

Dave.

dopplershift:

--- Quote ---That's why simply refer to them all as OneHungLow brand!
--- End quote ---

I know its not very PC, but I must admit it always makes me laugh when you refer to OneHungLow branded parts/devices in your reviews Dave!

Thanks for the info guys, I went for quality (and price) over features in the end. I hope it pays off. I managed to snag a 2nd hand Tek CFG250 on Ebay last night for 150US delivered: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=280685537057&si=ABQ52T43VZtfIg3g9fxK%252B6WA%252FAM%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT (The seller has more btw).

Cheers,

Dopplershift

alm:
If a OneHungLow function generator is rebadged as Tektronix, at least you know they won't change their name overnight ;).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version