Products > Other Equipment & Products

My UEi DMM gone mad

(1/2) > >>

ht2ht:
Hi,

My old UEi (formerly its name is LR germany MT701) has just gone mad. Before that, I used it without any problem.
Just few days before, I turned it on and only Vdc worked. It means when I turn the knob to Vdv, the screen displays value and I can even measure Vdc properly. But other measurements disappear.

I have no idea why that could occur.

Then I decided to check the MM myself. I opened the MM, checked the fuse and found out the DMM-B-44/100 fast blow Bussman copper fuse did not work. I changed the fuse but the MM did not work: same thing happened.

I carefully check the MM's circuit by eyes and nose: nothing's strange.

Anyone here have idea what happened to my DMM and how to check, and fix it? I really need your help!
Thank you in advance!

HT

Sabertooth:
Dirty contacts on the switch???

Bored@Work:
Battery low?

ht2ht:
- The battery is good. I even measured it with a Fluke borrowed from school Lab. If the battery is low, it would have fade when displaying numbers, but all functions should work then. But here, only Vdc can be turned on, others disappear.
- Seem the contacts are dirty but I doubt that as I was using it just about a month ago. Not used it recently because I was busy with other project. However, I will open and check them.

I even detached two fuses (11A and 440mA) from the MM and used it to measure Vdc.  :)

There may be some technical problems, but I am a hobby newbie then I don't know how to detect any of them.  ???

saturation:
It may pay then to look at the switch; if you're thinking of a new DMM and may damage the UEi because you're not familiar with disassembly, you've nothing to lose by trying.

--- Quote from: ht2ht on December 10, 2010, 02:04:21 pm ---- The battery is good. I even measured it with a Fluke borrowed from school Lab. If the battery is low, it would have fade when displaying numbers, but all functions should work then. But here, only Vdc can be turned on, others disappear.
- Seem the contacts are dirty but I doubt that as I was using it just about a month ago. Not used it recently because I was busy with other project. However, I will open and check them.

I even detached two fuses (11A and 440mA) from the MM and used it to measure Vdc.  :)

There may be some technical problems, but I am a hobby newbie then I don't know how to detect any of them.  ???

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version