Author Topic: Need a measurement from someone with a JBC 2245 / T245 handle and calipers  (Read 2088 times)

Offline minteyayTopic starter

Hi, I recently got a JBC AD 2200 station. It came with the older style 2045 handle, and it doesn't fit all that well in the integrated holder. I'm wondering if the newer style handles have a slimmer metal ring or if the integrated holder's gotten deformed somehow.

So, if anyone has a JBC 2245 / T245 handle and calipers, could you measure the diameter of the metal ring that fits in the holder (and is used for the idle detection)?
For reference, I measured the 2045 handle's metal ring at a 12mm diameter, and the holder (bit harder to measure since it's rounded) at 11.6mm.

Offline Dan_8123

• Contributor
Re: Need a measurement from someone with a JBC 2245 / T245 handle and calipers
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 10:02:51 pm »
About 11.8mm

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, minteyay

Offline minteyayTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 10:55:09 am »
Thanks! 0.2mm might be small enough a difference to just lightly sand away, but I wonder how much that'd mess with the idle detection. There has to be a plating on that right? As is it's a bit too loose for a hot stick holder (as in half the time it jumps out with a very light bump).

Offline Dan_8123

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 07:32:36 pm »
Since it's all metal I don't see why sanding would cause an issue with idle detection. If you want to be 100% sure just sand a small spot and then hold a wire to it while holding the other end to the holder, if it goes into sleep mode you're good :)

Offline Lajt

• Lajtronix
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 09:31:23 pm »
I used to work with an old AD2200 station and 2045 handle. After years of work I had to replace it with T245.
It was a long time ago but I don't remember any fitment issues. I honestly don't think you can do any harm if you widen the slot on the holder little bit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf