Author Topic: need T962 stock firmware  (Read 1101 times)

Offline UnderTheRaidTopic starter

need T962 stock firmware
« on: July 04, 2022, 10:48:01 pm »
Hi does anyone have the stock firmware for a T962 or a link to download it. My 962 was ok prior to upgrading the firmware now it's useless doesn't melt anything. Like a fool I didn't backup the stock firmware I thought well I won't be needing that again but alas looks like I will.

Thanks

Brian

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
Re: need T962 stock firmware
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 11:38:09 pm »
Which "new" firmware are you using?  Do you know how to use and/or change it?

The original can probably be found by a search.  I found this link, but didn't confirm it is the original (near the bottom the of the page).
Improved: https://github.com/UnifiedEngineering/T-962-improvements/issues/103
Original: https://github.com/UnifiedEngineering/T-962-improvements/files/2209734/T-962A_original_ID0x0002FF12_BLv2_13.zip

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 01:39:00 pm »
I'm using this firmware https://github.com/UnifiedEngineering/T-962-improvements/wiki with all the mods on it. I have watched a few videos on setting it up including using the calculator spreadsheet and setting the offsets. I put it the profile for my solder (Which I got from the datasheet) which normal reflows between 205-215C (ish) but after trying several attempts nothing reflows, so I used the calc and again nothing reflows so I bumped the profile up by 10C and ran it again with fresh solder.  I got up to 290C and still the solder hasn't reflowed so I'm going to give up and go back t the start unless you know a reason why it's not working?

The solder worked perfectly on the same board with the stock firmware :/

Regards

Brian

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 05:38:12 pm »
One thing I did is independently calibrate the offsets for each TC using a calibrated  TC accessed through the bottom of the drawer.  I made sure the T-962 TC's were very close to the calibrated one.  There was quite an error initially.  The graphed line follows the UE's designed line very closely except at the peak, in which case actual is below about 5°low.  Kester 63/37 solder reflowed very nicely just using that curve.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 09:49:23 pm »
We have some calibrated TC's at work I may have to borrow one tomorrow :)

Offline manton

• Michael Anton's Home on the Web
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 06:54:44 am »
Have you profiled the PCB by mounting a thermocouple to the board?  This usually done by mounting a thermocouple to a copper pad that is coupled to a mid layer or ground plane.  Then, run a profile with your best guess profile, log the temperatures, and tweak the profile until the board temperature profile matches the desired profile.  Ideally, you would want to measure at multiple points across the PCB, in case the oven heating is not all that even.  It isn't enough to just set the profile to match the solder, as you really want the profile as seen by the PCB to match the desired profile.  Air temperature doesn't track PCB temperature all that well, hence the profiling process to make sure it is correct.

You will probably find that it is difficult to come up with a generic profile, as often each board layout requires a different profile.  Even the PCB color can have a drastic effect on the required profile.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf