Author Topic: New Aixun T320 - Any opinions on it? (with inside pics)  (Read 19959 times)

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
Re: New Aixun T320 - Any opinions on it? (with inside pics)
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2024, 10:22:13 pm »
Spare handles:

I see handles that are advertised as for "T3A" or "T3B and T420D" - but I don't see handles for T320. I remember, that Aixum uses different plugs. Which one is the right for T320?

And: the plug of my T320 is made of plastic. I see handles, where the inner part of the plug  is made of plastic but with a bold nut for locking. Does those plugs also fit into the station? I guess not, because the plastic plug has a different locking mechanism.
Some of the AliEexpress pages claiming the displayed handles are for the T3A and T3B show a mix of handles with a ring lock plug, and handles with the button release plug the T320 uses.

Offline bastler59

• Contributor
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2024, 04:26:23 pm »
Some of the AliEexpress pages claiming the displayed handles are for the T3A and T3B show a mix of handles with a ring lock plug, and handles with the button release plug the T320 uses.
Right, that's the problem. A lot of dealers copy together pictures and descriptions without knowing what they are selling. I looked at eBay and found the right handles.

Offline paulhdietz

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2024, 10:31:07 pm »
Just adding my experience. Bought one of these T320 units with the T245 handle and 3 tips. It was quite the joy to use. But it went totally dead after ~2 weeks. Power supply was dead. No obvious component failures. The design is very serviceable, so I contacted the seller (Bresunfix) to get a new power supply board and they asked me to take a video of it not working (here: ) and make it public so you all can enjoy it. They said they would elevate the issue and contact me within 3 days. When I heard nothing, I again contacted them. They were very apologetic and said again that they would get back to me in 3 days. Again nothing. Did it one last time, and again nothing. I then tried contacting Aixun directly to get a new power supply board. ZERO response. Finally, because it was a "Choice" purchase, I was able to return it through AliExpress at their expense. They have received it, but said they need to process it before they can refund my money. So that's where things stand.

While it was working, I ordered some chisel tips which I vastly prefer. Now I have tips, but no iron. Given the generally positive reviews, I think I will order another (with "Choice") and hope for a better result.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline JNorton

• Contributor
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2024, 02:14:46 pm »
Here's hoping you have better luck.  It's been my experience that electronics usually suffer infant mortality if they fail.  I really like mine.

Offline paulhdietz

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2024, 12:40:41 am »
Here's hoping you have better luck.  It's been my experience that electronics usually suffer infant mortality if they fail.  I really like mine.

Looking inside, I thought the build quality was actually really good. Even though the post-sales support was super polite but ultimately terrible, the Choice service came through with an immediate return authorization. So I'm trying again. Placed the new order today, this time with both handles and 6 tips. Keeping my fingers crossed.

UPDATE: My order was automagically cancelled! It said there was a delivery exception, which made no sense since it canceled shortly after I placed the order. I wonder if I got blacklisted by the seller for returning an item?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 06:27:07 pm by paulhdietz »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf