Products > Other Equipment & Products

New Aixun T320 - Any opinions on it? (with inside pics)

<< < (23/25) > >>

AmeliaBuns:
All the issues with the sudden temp rise are worrying me, and I AM broke, but gosh I'm so tempted to grab this and upgrade from my pinecil v2 as it struggles with lead-free and big ground planes even with the boost function, although I am using a 100w PSU not a 140w.

Hazer:
I just purchased the T320 and so far so good.  However, I went to upgrade the firmware and cannot find software to work with my Mac Book Pro.  Does anyone know how I can update my firmware with a MBP?

CaptainBucko:

--- Quote from: Hazer on June 06, 2024, 05:50:19 am ---I just purchased the T320 and so far so good.  However, I went to upgrade the firmware and cannot find software to work with my Mac Book Pro.  Does anyone know how I can update my firmware with a MBP?

--- End quote ---
I don't have an answer, but I would leave the firmware as-is unless you have a problem. You run the risk of adding new problems with this Chinese FW IMO. FYI I am running v1.10 in mine.

hpapagaj:
Hi, there aren’t too many reviews on this soldering station, and I still cannot decide between this one and the T3B. Right now, the T320 is around 115€ on AliExpress. I searched but cannot find any better station for this price. Am I right?

digger:

--- Quote from: hpapagaj on June 23, 2024, 09:10:58 am ---Hi, there aren’t too many reviews on this soldering station, and I still cannot decide between this one and the T3B. Right now, the T320 is around 115€ on AliExpress. I searched but cannot find any better station for this price. Am I right?

--- End quote ---

i believe the T3B (and all aixun SMPS units) do not have grounded tips. consequently, if you solder to something that's grounded, they leak a bit (probably not enough to damage anything), and more importantly, they suffer from an issue where they glitch out because it's not possible to get a temp reading. if that matters to you, the T320 is a slightly better choice because it seems that the fw mitigates it to some extent. temp reading is still impossible, but apparently it at least detects that and doesn't overshoot the temp like crazy. i believe T3A/T3B overshoot quite a bit in that state.

another option is to get a T420/T420D which has a grounded tip (different power supply) and is immune to this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version