Author Topic: New Aixun T320 - Any opinions on it? (with inside pics)  (Read 20044 times)

Offline ndarjo21

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Aixun T320 - Any opinions on it? (with inside pics)
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2023, 09:01:52 pm »
https://youtube.com/shorts/ADtSVHFjDd8?si=bNCzHKuCXycVOrRh

What actually happen in this video? Any clue?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2023, 12:31:39 am »
https://youtube.com/shorts/ADtSVHFjDd8?si=bNCzHKuCXycVOrRh

What actually happen in this video? Any clue?

Its some kind of shortcut button, you use the iron to press it. Not really a useful feature, IMO.

Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline ndarjo21

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2023, 08:19:26 am »
I thought it overshooting lol

Offline Pooya

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2023, 11:11:04 pm »
who's charging the phone on top of the soldering station? :palm:

Offline bolvan123

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2023, 11:42:00 am »
Hello, I received my AiXun T320 yesterday. Very good soldering station, runs with all accessory tips. I immediately updated the firmware from 1.02 to 1.04.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 11:43:45 am by bolvan123 »

Offline ndarjo21

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2023, 01:50:21 pm »
do you have thermometer? is this device overshooting or have large ΔT in set temperature?

Offline McCarthy

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2023, 05:43:30 am »
Gotta bump this. One of you guys please check for overshooting. If this station behaves, it would be a real winner.

Offline mpn78

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2023, 04:20:30 pm »
SDG Electronics just released review of this station. Here is link to the review video.
https://youtu.be/-ug7rLdOWto?si=uepDQmUpKJnbXjay

This unit is now on Black Friday sale on AliExpress and costs about 118€ with free shipping.

The following users thanked this post: McCarthy

Offline ndarjo21

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2023, 04:43:18 pm »
It have same behavior with t3a when meet ground plane. Based on steve video. Hope it have small delta T. Maybe we should check with linear transformer soldering station

Offline Rokunin

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2023, 08:28:38 pm »
Is this better performance than the T3A?

Offline ndarjo21

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2023, 09:02:22 pm »
Have same performance as Steve say. Perhaps better enclosure and tip support

Offline joechina

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2023, 09:20:56 pm »
There is a review from @SteveyG

The following users thanked this post: meteo

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2023, 03:53:35 pm »
I just received a T320. It seemed to be working nicely until I updated the firmware from 1.05 to 1.06. Now the menus include Russian as well as English and Traditional Chinese, but they only seem to work correctly in Chinese. They are all messed up when I select English. Is this just happening to me or to everyone?

Offline StueyB

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2023, 02:14:56 pm »
Just received my T320 today and it won't even update beyond 1.05. If I select 1.07 and then update, the app reports back that I'm already at the current version even though the display on the T320 still says v1. 05
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 02:28:30 pm by StueyB »

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2023, 04:56:28 pm »
Just received my T320 today and it won't even update beyond 1.05. If I select 1.07 and then update, the app reports back that I'm already at the current version even though the display on the T320 still says v1. 05
I updated from 1.05 to 1.06 a few days ago using the Windows app, and had problems with the English menus after that, as I reported above. I configured the iron to connect to the internet. I just turned on the iron, went to the system info screen, and it said 1.07 was available. I selected update. It downloaded the code by itself, without using the Windows app, and updated itself. Now its running 1.07, and the menus seem to have been fixed. I guess I will find out soon what else has been fixed or broken.

Offline Gediminas

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2023, 06:35:27 pm »
I updated from 1.05 to 1.06 a few days ago using the Windows app, and had problems with the English menus after that, as I reported above. I configured the iron to connect to the internet. I just turned on the iron, went to the system info screen, and it said 1.07 was available. I selected update. It downloaded the code by itself, without using the Windows app, and updated itself. Now its running 1.07, and the menus seem to have been fixed. I guess I will find out soon what else has been fixed or broken.
Please, let us know if 1.07 or later firmware has any issues. I will get my unit soon and now I am not sure if I want to update firmware to the latest???

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2023, 07:39:00 pm »
go to program files x86 look for the aixun folder, delete the downloads folder unplug the unit from usb give it a second or two plug back in and try again usually that fixes that issue. also make sure you have the newest aixun update software not the older style one.

Offline micbanand

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2023, 04:03:07 am »
software wouldnt see my T320 r1 on 1.01.
I did try all combinations of cables. all ports, reinstall and so on. Nothing!
Finally, when I put my usb c pd hub inbetween Bingo!!!
Just to pass the info on to the next one, before pulling all your hair off :)
now on 1.07 all seems fine!

Offline RaySoft

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2023, 12:28:26 pm »
You need to connect it up to a computer with their software to setup the WiFi connection.
My unit came with v1.01 and I could not connect it with my laptop (Win11 Enterprise (64bit)), but tried to connect it another computer (Win10 Professional (32bit)) and that worked. I then got it updated to v1.06. Before disconnecting, I connected the unit to my home network. After that I could update the firmware to v1.07 directly from the unit a few days later. 1.07 seems like a stable bugfree firware.

Offline RaySoft

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2023, 12:40:15 pm »
I received mine yesterday.  I updated from version 1.00 to 1.07. This revision seems stable.  I decided all I needed was ESD protection at the iron tip so I installed a 4 Mohm resistor in series with the green/yellow striped ground wire directly from the power socket before it plugs into the power supply.  I just spliced the resistor into the wire and covered it with heat shrink.  There is a thin black wire from the power supply connector to the rear panel that also grounds the tip of the soldering iron.  Everything works and there is no temperature rise when the tip is grounded to neutral.
Hi JNorton! Could you take some pictures of your solution please? And do you have the partnumber of the resistor used? What's the wattage on the part ect.?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:48:17 pm by RaySoft »

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2023, 05:16:23 pm »
You need to connect it up to a computer with their software to setup the WiFi connection.
My unit came with v1.01 and I could not connect it with my laptop (Win11 Enterprise (64bit)), but tried to connect it another computer (Win10 Professional (32bit)) and that worked. I then got it updated to v1.06. Before disconnecting, I connected the unit to my home network. After that I could update the firmware to v1.07 directly from the unit a few days later. 1.07 seems like a stable bugfree firware.
If you don't have a USB-C cable handy, and your computer has BTLE, you can pair it with the iron, and use the AiXun app to set up the wifi.

So far 1.07 is looking OK for me, but I haven't used it much.

Offline JNorton

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2023, 05:52:12 pm »
I received mine yesterday.  I updated from version 1.00 to 1.07. This revision seems stable.  I decided all I needed was ESD protection at the iron tip so I installed a 4 Mohm resistor in series with the green/yellow striped ground wire directly from the power socket before it plugs into the power supply.  I just spliced the resistor into the wire and covered it with heat shrink.  There is a thin black wire from the power supply connector to the rear panel that also grounds the tip of the soldering iron.  Everything works and there is no temperature rise when the tip is grounded to neutral.
Hi JNorton! Could you take some pictures of your solution please? And do you have the partnumber of the resistor used? What's the wattage on the part ect.?

In replying to another post inquiring about leakge current to ground I also took measurements on this modification.  DO NOT DO THIS.  This resulted in 47VAC on the tip @ 0.9mA.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 04:44:11 pm by JNorton »

The following users thanked this post: RaySoft

Offline davidlukerice

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2024, 09:37:05 pm »
Just got this from AliExpress and it's not able to boot. It looks like it starts to, then crashes and says to "Shut Down". Anyone else experience this?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/N0E-Pqwd-Yc

Edit:
Connecting to the Aixun PC app still works via usb c. My unit currently has v1.02 installed and there's a v1.09 that fixes the "shutdown detection exception" which looks promising.
Every time I try to update the firmware (I've tried all available versions), though, it'll go through the updating process on the unit, then restart back into v1.02 (at least that's what the app's saying).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 10:58:56 pm by davidlukerice »

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2024, 03:14:27 pm »
Just got this from AliExpress and it's not able to boot. It looks like it starts to, then crashes and says to "Shut Down". Anyone else experience this?

Edit:
Connecting to the Aixun PC app still works via usb c. My unit currently has v1.02 installed and there's a v1.09 that fixes the "shutdown detection exception" which looks promising.
Every time I try to update the firmware (I've tried all available versions), though, it'll go through the updating process on the unit, then restart back into v1.02 (at least that's what the app's saying).
Did you try restarting the app? I seem to remember my first update was through the app, and it didn't show the new version, because the app hadn't re-read the version from the iron after the update. The iron showed the correct new version, and after restarting the app it also said the correct version. After my first update I had wifi configured in the iron, and it has done a couple of further updates by downloading for itself. It just updated to 1.09 and that seems to be working OK so far.

Offline davidlukerice

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2024, 06:42:55 pm »
Yeah, I went through all the normal troubleshooting options, different ports, different cables, usbc to usbc, usba to usbc, trying to setup wifi, restarting the app and pc and iron, &c.

But my main PC uses windows 11. Reading through other comments it looks like that could be an issue, so dug up an old laptop still on windows 8, downloaded the aixun app, and 1.09 installed first try :(
Which also looks to have fixed the shut down issue and the iron is working now.

... so tl;dr, can confirm the aixun app is still borked on windows 11.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf