Author Topic: TOOLCRAFT ST80-D  (Read 9450 times)

Offline 8bitformatTopic starter

TOOLCRAFT ST80-D
« on: May 25, 2013, 08:58:54 pm »
TOOLCRAFT ST80-D Digital Soldering Station 230 Vac, 80W, 150 - 450 °C
anybody got one of these or used one? very little info on them but i have found that they are a rebranded HAKKO. as such the HAKKO tips and irons for the 907/ 936/937/928/926 all fit this unit so new tips and irons should not be a problem.

Offline mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: TOOLCRAFT ST80-D
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 09:17:17 pm »
It's unlikely they are a rebranded Hakko.

It's most likely a Zhongdi soldering station or an Atten or less likely Aouye.

A very similar model to that one is solder by Farnell under the Tenma brand here:

http://uk.farnell.com/tenma/at60d-eu/soldering-station-60w-220v-eu/dp/2075392  (atten at60d)

They also sell this one which is still an atten : http://uk.farnell.com/tenma/21-10115-eu/soldering-station-60w-220v-eu/dp/2062627

Most TIPS are compatible as those for hakko fx-888 and 936 will work just fine (though the length of the tips may be a bit different by a few mm so the heating temperature won't be 100% exact, 10c or so difference is possible).
On some stations, the whole ensemble (tip, heating element, cable) is compatible with the hakko ones.

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 01:48:01 am »
Atten or Aouye are a possibility. I don't think the station is made by Zhongdi - it looks and feels too good. The Zhongdi stuff I have seen so far seems to be the cheapest crap you can find.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 08:11:23 am »
thanks guys. it does look good value for money the reviews that i have read seem positive. just wanted to make sure that  new tips would be easy to buy.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 02:59:09 pm »
Ok thought I would post my experience of this iron and more to the point Conrad UK.
Paid for the iron and it was delivered 4 days later from their UK office. 2 weeks later it developed a fault and would no longer read the temperature. Sent 5 emails over 7 working days about replacement with no answer. As luck would have it I paid using paypal as I had money in my account. So I contacted them through paypal and still no joy. Escalated after a week and got a reply to send it back for a refund. I had to pay return shipping (registered). Gave paypal tracking and got a refund.
2 weeks later the station came back to me as they had refused to sign for it! Contacted them by phone to be told I had to send to Germany as they handle all returns, at my expense!
Came home today and on my door step, I have got a long drive but still it was raining, there is a new replacement station with an invoice for no charge!
Have emailed them again telling them that they now have to arrange a courier to pick up two stations as I will not be paying for any return postage.

But I am glad it broke as I am loving my new HAKKO FX-888 (built like a brick crap house)

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 02:20:17 pm »
Any opinion on the analog version of this soldering station? It is called Toolcraft ST-80A.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf