Author Topic: New Hantek gears released  (Read 24398 times)

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
New Hantek gears released
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:00:11 pm »
On the Hong Kong Electronics Fair Hantek shows some new nice gears, there is a short information about on
Hantek's website already:

http://www.hantek.com/english/news_list.asp?unid=21

3 new gears are already shown on these pictures, luckily i got one of the nice black product catalogs from HK Fair with
some extra informations:

Side note - you might get crazy with all these model numbers ...

- new DSO1000B series handheld DSOs
they in principle based on the already known (and hacked) DSO5000B bench DSO series with an extra DMM inside.
As i got them already i will do an review soon to shows what inside and what can be done inside :)
The model numbers are:
DSO1062B - basic model, 1Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 60MHz bw
DSO1102B - basic model, 1Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 100MHz bw
DSO1202B - basic model, 1Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 200MHz bw

DSO1062BV - ext model, 1Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 60MHz bw and video help
DSO1102BV - ext model, 1Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 100MHz bw and video help
DSO1202BV - ext model, 1Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 200MHz bw and video help

DSO1062BMV - ext model, 2Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 60MHz bw and video help
DSO1102BMV - ext model, 2Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 100MHz bw  and video help
DSO1202BMV - ext model, 2Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 200MHz bw and video help

All these models have as option LAN port, so in case you buy one don't forget to ask for LAN (or just read my review ...)
Product pages are:
http://www.hantek.com/english/produce_list.asp?unid=139
http://www.hantek.com/english/produce_list.asp?unid=144

- new DSO1000S series handheld DSOs
they basically based on these handeld above (BMV series), but with DSO isolated channels (?).
Model names are:
DSO1062S - ext model, 2Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 60MHz bw, video help, isolated channels
DSO1102S - ext model, 2Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 100MHz bw, video help, isolated channels
DSO1202S - ext model, 2Mpoint sample memory, 1GSs, 200MHz bw, video help, isolated channels

product page : http://www.hantek.com/english/produce_list.asp?unid=140

- updated DSO8060 series handheld multidevices
since some time Hantek is producing DSO8060 which is a five-in-one gear:

http://www.hantek.com/english/produce_list.asp?unid=80

The DSO8060 have a 320x240 display and Rigol-like firmware, specs are not that nice for the price however.
The updated series (with B in model name) is based on (what a surprise) on the bench models DSO5000B,
or better said on the handhelds above (DSO1000B) - but with some extras added (like on DSO8060).
There is no product page yet available, but the HK Fair catalog scan is having all we need,
see attached picture dso8060B.jpg

There is no DSO8060B series product page available, so all we have now is the HK Fair catalog

- new DSO5000E/F series bench DSOs
puhhh, let start with the DSO5000F - the HK Fair catalog shows only one mdoel, DSO5074F
which is nothing else than already good known DSO5000B but with 4 channels (and nice new enclosure)
As these models are "only" 1GSs sampled it does not make sense to produce 100/200MHz bw models,
the resulting 250MS sampling rate with all chanels enabled is no high enough then.
For a 60MHz 4 channel scope it's ok.

The DSO5000E series seems to be sampled with 2GSs with single channel, 1MSs two channels and 500MSs 4 channels,
but it does have less sampling memory - 24points per channel. It is not much, but sufficienf for most applications.
The model names are:
DSO5064E - 60MHz bw
DSO5104E - 100MHz bw
DSO5204E - 200MHz bw
DSO5304E - 300MHz bw

What really nice on these E/F series are the extra thigns:
- integrated 8 channel logic analyzer
- integrated 200MSs 25MHz DDS

As Hantek is really pissed off about the hacks i published you can ensure these devices will be protected
a bit more than current Hantek products ... on the other side it would be a nice things if the DSO5064E would
be hackable to DSO5304E. For the DSO5074F i think all what will be possible is to increase bw, but then
of course such hack would be useless when more than two channels enabled.

For more details about these models check attached pictures DSO5xxxE_1.jpg, DSO5xxxE_2.jpg

As above no product page yet ...

- new Function/AWG generator

there is not much to say (oh well, TCXO/OCXO timebase is good idea)
just look on the specs and pictures HTG1xxxA_1.jpg HTG1xxxA_2.jpg

Isn't that device beautiful ? I think it is, i will definitely buy one - probably the HTG1032A and try to
"tune it" to HTG1102A ... i bet they can be hacked too.

And again no product page yet available ...

##############################

From what i heard from a nice Hantek woman all these products will be available within next two months,
handhelds (DSO1000B/S series) are already available - however you will see in my upcoming review
that there are few things you have to watch out when you order.

It is really funny to see how smart Hantek is combining their products to get new products - these new HTG1000A
AWG are probably nothins else than DDS3x25 attached to S3C2440 Samsung SoC  - so the "PC software runs now on ARM",
or e.g. DSO8202B - a mix of DSO8060 (which ups - is already mix of DSO1060 and DDS 3x25) and DSO5000B/DSO1000B ...

This is nice R&D cost saving for Hantek - and for us a good thing, we can use things we already
developed for e.g. DDS 3x25 on the HTG AWG or, handhelds ...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:27:06 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Re: New Hantek gears released
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:21:30 pm »
So they are doing the same a Rigol with the function generators, sticking them in the same kind of enclosure as the DSOs. I wounder who started that trend in China.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:41:22 pm »
So they are doing the same a Rigol with the function generators, sticking them in the same kind of enclosure as the DSOs.
I wounder who started that trend in China.

the idea is actually not bad, it seems that someone told chinese manufacturers that small toy-like looking
gears are crap - no or bad accessible connectors, multi-multi-multi-knobs, tiny lightweight enclosures
"flying over the desk" each time you move a cable ... 

Benefit of this new trend:
- easy accessible "every day use" connectors on front side
- bigger displays with a lot of useful information
- more quick-access buttons/functions
- stable enclosure

the only disadvantage is the desk space, but a good EE have never enough space so not a
big deal to have bit less :P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:43:27 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline don.r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:40:23 pm »
Unless the are being sold REALLY cheap (well under $300), I don't see the point of producing sub 100MHz scopes these days.

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:12:37 pm »
That HTG1000A generator looks sweet for sure. It reminds me a little of the Rigol DG4000 series which however features only a disappointing 16k memory. 64M sounds pretty damn great. If the arbitrary functionality (250MSa/s and  memory size) is the same for all devices, the 30MHz device would be more than sufficient for my needs.
So: is anything known about the price point?

[Edit]
I didn't even realize it has a 16ch digital mode, too. Damn, I want this now :)
The only downside seems to be that this is another example of a crippled PWM mode with no support for duty cycles <20%. Why the heck is a 250MSa/s device limited to a minimum duty cycle of 20% even at low frequencies? I'm aware that older Agilent generators had a similar limitations, but I never really understood why somebody would cripple a functionality without any sensible reason...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:18:31 pm by 0xdeadbeef »
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 06:18:40 pm »
Benefit of this new trend:

Sure. And if they are clever they can share mechanical parts, like knobs, buttons, sockets and maybe even the back cover. And the same power supply, display, encoders ...

But I am such a big fan of the classic small instrument bench enclosure. The one e.g. the Agilent HP 34401A multimeter and many other instruments come in. Don't use so much space, great to stack, sit rock-solid on the bench, handle to carry around and prop the instrument up if not stacked. Good manufacturers offer 19" rack mounting kits for their instruments. And if I need a large display I look for something with an additional PC interface.

Sadly it is almost impossible to get this type of enclosure, including rubber bumpers and handle, for own projects or prototypes. You do get enclosures roughly the correct size, but not the bumpers, and only nonsense handles or flip-out feet.

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:51 pm »
We have this in the USA, there maybe something similar in your country:

http://www.okwenclosures.com/

Sadly it is almost impossible to get this type of enclosure, including rubber bumpers and handle, for own projects or prototypes. You do get enclosures roughly the correct size, but not the bumpers, and only nonsense handles or flip-out feet.

Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 08:42:28 pm »
We have this in the USA, there maybe something similar in your country:

I know them and their offerings. Unless I missed it they don't have the exact kind of enclosures with the particular rubber bumpers and handle (a flat one, so it can lay flat on the enclosure).

Offline henry

• !
  • User Banned.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 03:40:08 am »
I think the oscilloscope 1GSs  from China almost same,Hantek or Rigol or Atten...
Do you think so?

Online Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 09:19:56 pm »
I wonder what ever happened to the updated DSO8000 series B versions of the handheld 5-in-ones?  All I can find are the old 60mhz non-B versions.

::edit:: DSO8000 series handhelds
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:22:25 pm by Smokey »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:08 pm »
I wonder what ever happened to the updated DSO8000 series

It tooks lot of time for Hantek to proceed with new hardware (4ch or 2GS/s MSO/DSO models, or new handhelds). Exactly said it tooks already over a year. On the other said these new models ar still listed in brand new product catalog, so i think they will be soon released.

Look here, http://www.hantek.org/asken/iaskdetail.aspx?id=2013072518442475

There is answer about the MSO5074F (org. announced as DSO5074F), it will be released next month!

There are as well some informations on the new website: http://www.hantek.com:8080/en/index.html

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 11:46:48 am »
the new website seems to be now online

http://www.hantek.com/en/index.html

some pictures/links are however not working properly :P

Anyway, no sign of the DSO8000B series (yet).

Offline MSUStevo

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 09:43:46 pm »
While looking around on the new Hantek website I came across the MSO7000B series (window 4 at the top of the home page)

It looks likes a higher performance version of the MSO5074F

Anything known about it beyond what the picture shows?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 11:26:28 pm »
probably that is the DSO5304E renamed to MSO5304B, so 2GS/s 4ch 300MHz MSO.

Online Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 08:40:35 am »
Figured I'd look into if they ever got around to selling the dso8062b, or any of the dso8000B series.  Only thing official that google could find was this link.

http://www.hantek.com/down/Hantek_2012.pdf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 11:43:28 am »
they a crazy, when you look on their chinese website there are lot of new DSOs:

http://www.hantek.com/ProductList_1_3.html

DSO4000B series -> 2CH, 20/40/60/80/100MHz BW, 500MS/s, 40kpoints
DSO5074F -> 4CH, 70MHz BW, 1GS/s, 1Mpoint, 8CH MSO (500MS, 1Mpoint)
DSO5074FG -> 4CH, 70MHz BW, 1GS/s, 1Mpoint, 25MHz AWG, 8CH MSO (500MS, 1Mpoint)
DSO7000B series-> 2CH, 80/100/200/300MHz BW, 2GS/s, 64kpoint
DSO7000BLG series-> 2CH, 80/100/200/300MHz BW, 2GS/s, 32kpoint, 25MHz AWG, 8CH MSO (1GS, 32kpoint)

and as well these new AWGs (http://www.hantek.com/ProductList_1_8.html )
and custom gears (http://www.hantek.com/ProductList_1_19.html )
and cutoms sw (http://www.hantek.com/ProductList_1_16.html )

but no sign of any DSO8000B handhelds.

Currently hard to get any confirmed information, what i found is dealer having DS4000B models in stock:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/261359767896

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be intensity grading on these models.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 09:36:09 pm »
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be intensity grading on these models.

well, there is no intensity grading (as know from Agilent/Rigol/Siglent), Tekway/Hantek is using DPO-like
grading with 4 steps (where each have 4 intensity steps, so 16 intensity steps but still only 4 depth).

I wish they could implement deeper grading, anyway, what these new models are capable to do, no idea.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »
Well, there should be some DPO. These Hantek scopes cannot compete with Rigol or Siglent, probably. The user interface on the LCD looks very similar to the older scopes... The memory is too short. No decoding feature, probably. I am not very impressed...
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 11:28:09 pm »
Well, there should be some DPO. These Hantek scopes cannot compete with Rigol or Siglent, probably. The user interface on the LCD looks very similar to the older scopes... The memory is too short. No decoding feature, probably. I am not very impressed...

as Tekway designed these scopes, it was mid 2009. At that time Siglent was not even able to deliver their DSO to EU, Atten
was a crapy copy of Rigol, UNI-T a joke and Rigol a crapy looking 5.6" CCFL "enlightened" 320x240 resolution box.
And that was the reality for next ~3yrs. Why Hantek is still producing these DSO and haven't changed that much? Well ask them,
or even better, ask Rigol why they still producing DS1000E. These new Hantek models, as long they not really on the market and not testet is hard to say anything. Now even the price is known (except the DSO4000, but that the lowest end models, so not a real competitor to anything else than low budget students)

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2013, 11:36:40 pm »
The horizontal scale knob is just weird. Well, which one is it? I am not sure!! Are there two horizontal scale knobs or what??

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 11:40:33 pm »
Here the vertical knobs are inverted or something... And the horizontal scale knob is unmarked. There is no "SEC/DIV" anywhere.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 01:09:28 am »
this all are crap photoshop marketing pictures (check tha USB port). The actuall unit didn't look that nice, see that ebay auction

http://www.ebay.de/itm/261359767896

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 01:19:02 am »
Okay, the real front panel is OK. But it is still very similar to the old series from 2009. Why is the horizontal scale knob small?? I have never seen that on any scope, I think.
There is still no LAN (could be added?) and no Trig Out or even Pass / Fail, that is common at cheap scope like Rigol DS1000.
Well, what's the actual improvement over the old 2009 series at this DSO4102B? There is even the strange F7 button. I like the Agilent-style knobs. Are they made of rubber?
I miss a dedicated Quick Print button. It is also quite common at most scopes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:27:03 am by Hydrawerk »

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 01:35:29 am »
That pissy little timebase does get me worried though...
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf