Products > Other Equipment & Products

Newbie Bench Recommendations

<< < (4/5) > >>

mitpatterson:

--- Quote from: zargnut on February 28, 2011, 06:43:39 pm ---
--- Quote from: Simon on February 28, 2011, 06:29:10 pm ---do I see a future engineerin those pictures ?  ;D

--- End quote ---

yes... He is quite the engineer... Much more so than me. Not bad for 5  :)

--- End quote ---

Smart kid, can i hire him to help with my next project? lol for 5 he is damn smart, get him into MIT ASAP

PetrosA:
It's great to see both an engaged kid and an engaged parent. The funny thing is that we tend to think that kids prefer watching TV or playing computer games. Not true. My 2.5 year old daughter would much rather work with daddy taking apart a door mechanism (we live in an old house with cast mechanisms that need greasing from time to time) or disassembling a hood fan motor to clean and oil it. What better way to spend time together and learn than doing something both of you enjoy? :)

Mechatrommer:
my kids always want to work with me, and mostly treat mine as their own lab, taking things out as they like, no matter how many time i scold them. i bought them toys and last only a few minutes. they prefer treating my "real metal" hammer, plier etc as toys. i think i will provide some platform for them to play/lab around. so far i'm still struggling with my own.

PetrosA:
hehe. Mine's still struggling with words and she "conveniently" mixes up tools and toys. They both sounds like "toos" when she says them. I love it - don't get me wrong, but there are times when seeing a 40 lb. two and a half year old playing with high leverage cable cutters, #1 phillips screwdrivers or a 22 oz. claw hammer isn't very reassuring. And just try and take them away from her... ;)

Simon:
My dad would not have a TV when I was a kid, I played with lego and later got into electronics, the rest is history. I still can't find the time for TV, My workmates keep saying I'm from another planet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version