Products > Other Equipment & Products

Pace ADS200 soldering station

<< < (297/373) > >>

allan_wind:

--- Quote from: tooki on February 25, 2020, 03:00:29 pm ---Now all we need is for Pace to make an affordable vacuum desoldering iron! :D

--- End quote ---

Could Pace modulize the vacuum component so it would be an add-on to the ADS200?

Shock:
The integrated pump models are larger enclosures. Pace did an Intelliheat ST65 model in the same size of case but it was an analog controlled model and required external air connected to the station..

If they drive an Accudrive compatible vacuum handpiece the same way as the TD200 handpiece it might be possible... but would be a diy hardware hack to route the vacuum handpiece switch to an external pump. Pace vacuum controllers also have "snapvac" which ramps up the initial suction.

PA4TIM:

--- Quote from: Shock on June 28, 2021, 07:34:07 am ---Pace vacuum controllers also have "snapvac" which ramps up the initial suction.

--- End quote ---
Yesterday I was doing maintenance to my gear and decided to measure the suction of my MBT250 and from a separate vacuumpump I had. The latter did almost 0.8 bar, the Pace around 0.55 bar but the pace holds the vacuum (the snapvac) so the next "suck" starts at full vacuum power. The separate (silence) pump needed a few seconds to come up to its max. And that makes it not usable because you need that "shockwave" snapvac delivers to set the molten metal in motion. It works for normal easy to remove solder in single or double layer PCBs (I tried it instead of the pump in a metcal) but it takes to much time and you miss the "shockwave" . But for not to demanding tasks it works, but otherwise there is to much risk in frying the pad because it takes to long. There is a way. Long ago I modified an old O2 cilinder to use in a FC101 (big LandRover army vehicle)  for switching it into the low gearing. I used a electronic valve and that was not a good thing in the car (It switched gears to fast) but for a desolder-gun it would be fine. Now I think of it, I must have that stuff still somewhere. Maybe I can make a vacuum reservoir (Only because of the noise the membrane pumps make. I do a lot of desoldering and the constant BRRR  BRRR is a bit annoying.

BTW I found something else, the filter between MBT250 and SX100 was pretty bad regarding vacuum, it reduced the vacuum at the tip to 0.3 bar. (I have 3 filters, I clean them regular. You can open them but reclosing them is the problem. 1 was pretty airtight, the other 2 leaked, so cleaning them is possible but better check the vacuum after cleaning. It looks like the filter material works like a seal. Whitout the filter material they all leaked a lot.

So I made a simple filter from a small but very strong  plastic medicine bottle.  Drilled two hole,s glued 2 of those Pace split-able tube connectors and put filter material in between. Turned out to be complete leak-free. Not bad for 5 minutes of working. The handpiece itself was to my supprise 100% airt-tight. The vacuum meter did not drop even a fraction after switching of the pump. Pretty impressive.

tooki:

--- Quote from: allan_wind on June 28, 2021, 02:00:30 am ---
--- Quote from: tooki on February 25, 2020, 03:00:29 pm ---Now all we need is for Pace to make an affordable vacuum desoldering iron! :D

--- End quote ---

Could Pace modulize the vacuum component so it would be an add-on to the ADS200?

--- End quote ---
They certainly could if they wanted to, lots of soldering equipment manufacturers make systems like that. (I think Pace might have, too, long, long, long ago.)

The trigger in the Pace desoldering handpieces is nothing but a switch that closes. One could, for example, cobble a vacuum pump where the actual air pump runs all the time, but is kept “off” with a solenoid valve. The trigger would then just trigger the solenoid. I’d imagine this would create an instant surge of pressure similar to snap-vac. (I’m pretty sure all snap-vac does is to give the pump a brief 24V surge before dropping to the 12V continuous. That’s what I measured on my ST 75.)

labjr:
After seeing the price of the tweezers, I think it would be nice if there were a third parties making desoldering nozzle tips for the ADS200 or T12 irons. Then hobbyists could build the vacuum part of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version