Products > Other Equipment & Products

Pace ADS200 soldering station

<< < (308/373) > >>

2N3055:

--- Quote from: bobbydazzler on July 31, 2021, 03:04:39 pm ---Being accurate while there's no thermal load isn't that impressive(even for the older style tips), it's when there's a lot of heat being sucked from the tip that still being accurate is impressive.

--- End quote ---

What being accurate where?

bobbydazzler:

--- Quote from: 2N3055 on July 31, 2021, 03:47:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: bobbydazzler on July 31, 2021, 03:04:39 pm ---Being accurate while there's no thermal load isn't that impressive(even for the older style tips), it's when there's a lot of heat being sucked from the tip that still being accurate is impressive.

--- End quote ---

What being accurate where?

--- End quote ---

https://youtu.be/scvS2yeUH00?t=604

You can see Dave dump the JBC iron in a wet sponge and the JBC can actually detect the temperature drop to 85c(which is close to what the actual tip temperature would be in reality - not still in the mid 200c's like other irons detect). 
Maybe it's because the temp sensor is really close to the tip and the iron plating is thin but it could just as easily be that the JBC is guessing the tip temperature based on what the thermal sensor inside the tip is reading and extrapolating the tip temperature from that.

tooki:
If steam is continuing to billow off, which it clearly is when the JBC is displaying 95C, 90C, and 85C, then the actual temperature of the surface of the tip is necessarily 100C or higher, and the temperature somewhere within the tip is higher still.

That makes me very skeptical of JBC’s temperature display.

bobbydazzler:

--- Quote from: tooki on August 02, 2021, 02:52:43 pm ---If steam is continuing to billow off, which it clearly is when the JBC is displaying 95C, 90C, and 85C, then the actual temperature of the surface of the tip is necessarily 100C or higher, and the temperature somewhere within the tip is higher still.

--- End quote ---

The JBC seems more accurate than any other iron during that stress test, at worst it was 15c off the actual tip temperature compared to well over 100c off for most other irons. 
I don't think displaying a sensor reading from somewhere near the tip is the best way to display what temperature the tip actually is(except maybe during idle without the tip touching anything).

thm_w:

--- Quote from: tooki on August 02, 2021, 02:52:43 pm ---If steam is continuing to billow off, which it clearly is when the JBC is displaying 95C, 90C, and 85C, then the actual temperature of the surface of the tip is necessarily 100C or higher, and the temperature somewhere within the tip is higher still.

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily true. You can still have steam coming off from the back section of the heater if its 110C, while the tip at the front is sitting at 90C.
This test would never represent any sort of real world scenario, if we care about just monitoring the reported temperature. Dipping just the tip of the iron in water would be more valid, IMO.

But I agree all manufacturers screw with the temperature display, they have to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version