Products > Other Equipment & Products

Pace ADS200 soldering station

<< < (321/332) > >>

grantb5:
I'm a bit of a heretic, but I use the 1/64" tip (1131-0002-P1 1/64" conical (0.40mm)) to solder down to MSOP-10's (0.5mm) pin-by-pin.  Most of my parts are a bit bigger though (0.8mm) and I use magnification.  Although few of my peers seem to recommend this, it does show you what is possible.

helius:
Conical tips do have one big advantage, which is that they don't need to be rotated to face the solder joint. It makes it possible to use a more relaxed grip as you would with a pen, as opposed to the tenser grip you need to use with hoof or chisel tips (and the aggravation of fighting torque from twisted handpiece cords). I think this is the reason that soldering tools with awkward grip angles (like the Hakko FX-901 battery powered iron) come with conical tips.

Hydrawerk:
Three new instruments will be released soon probably.
https://www.facebook.com/paceworldwide

lemoi:
I just received my Pace ADS200 and I'm ready to start working on my projects. I got an assortment of soldering tips, solder wire, flux, sponges, brass wool etc. Do the Pace tips need pre-tinning before being used? Is there any procedure that I should follow?

Thanks!

thm_w:

--- Quote from: lemoi on February 17, 2022, 06:58:26 pm ---I just received my Pace ADS200 and I'm ready to start working on my projects. I got an assortment of soldering tips, solder wire, flux, sponges, brass wool etc. Do the Pace tips need pre-tinning before being used? Is there any procedure that I should follow?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

They should be pre-tinned with lead free when they were factory tested.
Just wipe off that solder using the brass wool, and maybe when you're done soldering add a tiny bit of fresh solder to the tip to help protect it. Otherwise no special procedure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version