Author Topic: Normal for JBC DI 3000 to overshoot coming out of sleep?  (Read 3812 times)

Offline johnsonTopic starter

Normal for JBC DI 3000 to overshoot coming out of sleep?
« on: March 16, 2015, 01:09:38 am »
I purchased a used JBC DI 3000 soldering station last week with a 2245 handle (current one is T245) and it is overshooting by 35*C consistently every time when going out of sleep and takes about 14 seconds for the temp to come back down. This happens with the two different tips that came with the station (used). The sleep temperature is set at 220*C and if I set the working temperature to 300*C, it'll overshoot to 335*C.

If I set it to 350*C, it'll overshoot to 385*C.
If I set it to 400*C, it'll overshoot to 435*C.

The only thread I could find talking about this issue is from a couple years ago and it seems to be doing the same thing with the same station. It's very concerning that the JBC display shows 385*C and the actual temperature on the probe is over 400*C.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/need-a-new-soldering-station-)/15/

particularly this video
http://i-tool.de/mediothek/videos/video2.wmv

Here is a video of my station.

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
Re: Normal for JBC DI 3000 to overshoot coming out of sleep?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:24:04 am »
Many people solder many things with equipment that's far worse. I wouldn't give it any further thought; the tip won't stay that hot once you start using it.

Offline johnsonTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 07:15:44 am »
I have to give it further thought because I work on mobile phones and am starting to do board level repair with some component sizes being 0402, 0201, and 01005.

Offline abyrvalg

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 09:16:45 am »
Have you fried anything with this overshoot? The most common tools in small mobile repair shops are "936-style" chinese Hakko clone iron and "852-style" hot air blower (guess their characteristics), but they are still getting the mobiles from "broken" to "working" state with these crap tools somehow.

Anyway, why not ask JBC themselves?

Offline sunspots

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 11:23:47 pm »
Have you fried anything with this overshoot? The most common tools in small mobile repair shops are "936-style" chinese Hakko clone iron and "852-style" hot air blower (guess their characteristics), but they are still getting the mobiles from "broken" to "working" state with these crap tools somehow.

Anyway, why not ask JBC themselves?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm wondering what makes these tools crap? Just because they are Chinese knock-offs or because there is something wrong with the 936/852 products? I'm only asking because I recently purchased some of these tools used (they are authentic Hakko however) and I'm wondering if I should have gone with something more modern. They work for me well thus far.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf