Author Topic: Pace heater burn-in procedure.  (Read 1055 times)

Offline factoryTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Pace heater burn-in procedure.
« on: January 03, 2024, 07:52:45 pm »
I've bought an unused Pace TT-65 tweezer, it came with no paperwork, the older Pace equipment I've used over the years had a procedure for heater burn-in, to supposedly extend the life of the heater elements, the manuals online refer to info that comes with a new heater, which of course I don't have.

Can anyone help with info on the procedure, or is it no longer required?  :-//

David

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Pace heater burn-in procedure.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 10:37:35 pm »
From the manual:

Tip temperature and removal times will vary with each application. PACE recommends the use of a 316°C (600°F) tip temperature setting for initial use in any particular application. With practice, many components can be removed at lower temperatures. Use the lowest possible tip temperature that will provide rapid, yet controlled solder reflow. Lower temperatures extend tip and heater life, allow solder to remain on the lower surfaces of the tip (to improve thermal linkage between the tip and the component during component removal) and help prevent possible board damage.

https://esd.equipment/media/pace/tt-65.pdf

Which is the same recommendation as their "burn in" procedure, run at 315C for 10min or so then increase it. Increasing it won't do anything, its just the reasonably low temp to start that might have some effect on settling in (vs setting it to 500C right out of the box).
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: factory

Offline factoryTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Pace heater burn-in procedure.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 06:37:06 pm »
Thank you, I've done the burn in at 315°C for 10 minutes.

It didn't come with a stand, they always seem to be sold separately, I going to modify another one I found, as the Pace one is too expensive and no second hand ones are available at the moment.

David

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf