Products > Other Equipment & Products

PACE XR 3700 Real-Time X-Ray Inspection System

<< < (3/3)

thm_w:

--- Quote from: BarnowlsNest on May 23, 2023, 07:20:45 pm ---I created an account just to reply to this. I used to operate one of these during my time as a lab tech at Purdue University. I think they still have one there.

--- End quote ---

Checking boards that students had built or?

helius:

--- Quote from: MathWizard on April 07, 2023, 07:57:37 pm ---Like 100yrs ago or so, they used to have X-ray machines in shoe stores, so people could get a nice fit. But they ended up giving people cancer.

I guess it was basically just an X-ray photo machine, but still, at least it must have been fairly cheap.

--- End quote ---
Not at all! The shoe store fluoroscope was rather high power and operated continuously, as opposed to a brief moment in a conventional x-ray camera. That was how it made the bony image appear visible on the scintillation screen. If the x-ray tube was turned off, the image would vanish within milliseconds.

BarnowlsNest:

--- Quote from: thm_w on May 23, 2023, 10:59:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: BarnowlsNest on May 23, 2023, 07:20:45 pm ---I created an account just to reply to this. I used to operate one of these during my time as a lab tech at Purdue University. I think they still have one there.

--- End quote ---

Checking boards that students had built or?

--- End quote ---

Yeah. We had a PACE IR 3000 BGA soldering machine. We used the X-Ray to verify they were soldered correctly. I would also use it on QFN packages.

I should mention that the XR 3700 runs as a standalone machine as well. It does not have to be connected to an IR 3000 or anything else. It has a BNC video output on the back. We used a BNC to composite video cable to run the video to an old monitor. The main reason to connect it to an IR 3000 was that you could generate "reports" which were really just PDFs of pictures taken from the XR 3700. Since we didn't use the reports, it was more convenient to place the XR 3700 in a different spot in the same room.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version