Author Topic: Any experience with Manson DPD-6015 or recomendation for a similar PS ?  (Read 974 times)

Offline DC1MCTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Hello, I consider buying this chinesium PS as there is nothing else in this range that I can afford in DE and I was wondering if somebody has any experience with it, or the other related models: DPD-1830 and DPD-3030 ?

Data sheet here:
https://www.thiecom.de/ftp/manson/dpd6015/manson-dpd6015.pdf

Of course, if you can suggest some hidden gem with similar parameter under 250EUR, it's most welcome.

Many thanks,
 DC1MC

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Any experience with Manson DPD-6015 or recomendation for a similar PS ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:41:57 am »
Note these are HongKongesium not Chineseium and there is a very big difference ;) Well built and finished.

3030 thread here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/manson-dpd-3030-ps-modifications-possible/msg886288/#msg886288

Dave took a look through one of their Single supplies and I have had the 0-15V @ 60A for 10 years I guess.

https://youtu.be/bX8IIjf15qY
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:43:45 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: DC1MC

Offline DC1MCTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 09:19:36 am »
Thank Mr. Bean  ;D, it seem that the one that Dave dissected it's SMPS and (I hope) the DPD it's linear.
Anyway the DPD-3030 thread seem to be what I need, did you ever installed the multi-turn pots and output switches in the end ?
To me, right now the biggest drawback it's the single turn poti, 60V divided 270 degrees it's not too much precision :(.
But if the multi-turns works OK, then it's perfect, they're usually much more stable than the carbon ones.
Any chance of a schematic somewhere ?

Thanks and cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:52:37 am »
You are correct on Switchmode my 60A runs well under 20mV under heavy loads it was more the tour of the build quality than anything. Hit up @shock for another opinion on the 3030 and I think he has another Manson as well?

Never found a schematic for the 3030 but I do have multiturn pots on mine now but haven't done the current set relay thing as discussed in the thread. The 6632B aquisition sees it getting a bit less use. 3030 is Linear and has relay shifting mid range btw.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf