Products > Other Equipment & Products

Proxxon TBM 115/220 for PCB drilling and diecast aluminum enclosure drilling

(1/2) > >>

matthuszagh:
I’m looking for a small and simple drill press to use for drilling holes in PCBs and for drilling holes in aluminum enclosures. I’d really prefer to have one tool for both jobs if possible. Quite a few people have recommended the Proxxon TBM 220 for PCB drilling, but I haven’t seen much about it for drilling holes in enclosures. Has anyone use it for this purpose and how does it fare? Is there enough z distance between the bit and the table?

matthuszagh:

--- Quote from: edavid on October 03, 2022, 08:06:48 pm ---Isn't the TBM 220 the 230V version (of the TBM 115)?

--- End quote ---

Ah, that would make sense. TBM 115 then as I'm in the US. But same question would apply to either model of course.

matthuszagh:
I'm getting the impression after reading more posts on this forum that the Proxxon really wouldn't be suited to enclosure drilling. But, it sounds like a lot can be done in that regard with a hand drill, a suitable set of bits (especially step bits), a clamp, a set of files, and possibly cutting fluid, so I'll go that route first.

thm_w:
Do you have space for a regular drill press? They are <$50 on the used market.
But lower speed so more suitable for enclosures only and not PCBs.

matthuszagh:

--- Quote from: thm_w on October 05, 2022, 09:16:01 pm ---Do you have space for a regular drill press? They are <$50 on the used market.
But lower speed so more suitable for enclosures only and not PCBs.

--- End quote ---

The price is fine but my space is very restricted. So it would be pushing it, but I suppose it would be possible. I'll probably try the handheld drill first and if that proves too difficult explore the drill press option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version