Products > Other Equipment & Products

Quality Warning for Erem E7SA Tweezers from Amazon

<< < (3/3)

Haenk:
As we also act as a "vendor" to Amazon, I can tell you, that it is - as a vendor - no problem to sell fake products to Amazon, without the hassle of being a certified reseller oder need for proof of purchase.
These will then become "sold and shipped by Amazon"-items.
(We certainly wouldn't do that, but it's possible.)

I'd suggest to directly contact them in Switzerland, they should know.

E-Design:
Thanks for posting this. I for one appreciate information like this to help guide my future purchasing. I dont like the fact that they removed your Amazon review because somebody told them they were authentic - as if anybody would ever admit fakes. Sometimes, I don't mind the fakes knowing full well what I'm in for.. but knowing up front is quite helpful.

I agree that even an old weller stock should be old but very high quality. Therefore, these are likely fake regardless what Amazon people tell you.

tooki:
Old stock would simply be labeled “Erem”. But I can assure you, because I use it on a nearly daily basis, that that old Erem stuff is extremely well made, certainly not worse than Weller-branded product. (And the Weller-branded Erem tools I’ve bought seem just as good.) So I agree with the suspicion that they’re fake.

What surprises me about Amazon removing the review is that in the past, they erred on the side of caution. I once ordered a pair of Fluke test leads from Amazon, and got the real deal, but did contact them to say that the $5 sets from third parties had to be fakes (and some reviews said so). Without me asking, they refunded me the price of my (genuine) pair.

I rarely order from Amazon any more, other than for books. Amazon’s wish to become a flea-riddled bazaar has worked out for them, but it’s made Amazon very uninteresting to me, since I don’t always want to spend hours trying to track down a genuine article among an ocean of no-name garbage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version