Author Topic: Why is this Ebay listing for a CRT showing the medical equipment disclaimer?  (Read 761 times)

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I know that if you sell equipment on Ebay that's designated as medical equipment, Ebay requires you to include a disclaimer that the purchaser will need to be a licensed doctor or something like that. But this isn't medical equipment. It's literally just a CRT. The description doesn't even say that it had been removed from medical equipment, or that it's a CRT of a size and type commonly used with in medical equipment. But for some reason this item for sale https://www.ebay.com/itm/125179120421 has the following disclaimer:
The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. If so, do not bid on this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. If the item is subject to FDA regulation, I will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item.

Why is that disclaimer even being included with this item?

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Because this seller has 6000+ items for sale and they all have the same copy-pasted description text.
Alex

Offline Ben321Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Because this seller has 6000+ items for sale and they all have the same copy-pasted description text.

That makes sense. I guess he didn't want to have any items accidentally being medical items without a disclaimer, so he just used a default description for everything that included that disclaimer.

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor

That makes sense. I guess he didn't want to have any items accidentally being medical items without a disclaimer, so he just used a default description for everything that included that disclaimer.

just like the may cause cancer in California warning ..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf