Author Topic: Whare are you guys getting your chemicals these days?  (Read 843 times)

Offline HumanoidTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Whare are you guys getting your chemicals these days?
« on: May 09, 2021, 02:28:35 pm »
I used to buy 99% IPA from Amazon or ebay, for maybe $20/gallon USD. I need to re-up my supply and am seeing price increases everywhere. Typically $30/gallon or more and the sellers I used to buy from aren't selling gallons or they're selling 4 quarts at a higher price.

Just curious where you're getting the best prices for IPA and other chemicals. I'm in the USA, but also curious if prices are rising elsewhere.

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
Re: Whare are you guys getting your chemicals these days?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 02:43:32 pm »
but also curious if prices are rising elsewhere.
They've actually come down a bit since last year when the price got ridicules thats if you could find stock in the first place.Think its something to do with a world pandemic and ipa being rather good at killing things

The following users thanked this post: Humanoid

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 02:47:37 pm »
IPA got over hit by COVID to water down to Sanitizer. In Oz it went to 3-500% pricing at retail in smaller quantities, locally we are back to 'normal' for here. Equivalent including local post is about $28USD for 5L or $21 USD/US Gallon.

Given where the USA currently is at I suspect you are still in a substantial shortage.  :-//
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: I wanted a rude username

Offline HumanoidTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 09:30:25 pm »
IPA got over hit by COVID to water down to Sanitizer. In Oz it went to 3-500% pricing at retail in smaller quantities, locally we are back to 'normal' for here. Equivalent including local post is about $28USD for 5L or $21 USD/US Gallon.

Given where the USA currently is at I suspect you are still in a substantial shortage.  :-//

Yeah, I figured as much. Almost impossible to find the Skintx gloves I typically use also, and if they are in stock they are double or triple the price.

Hopefully all this stuff ends sooner than later and we can get back to dealing with the normals hells of life.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf